Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 TECH PACK

SO. Just replaced the battery on the car and and it's been to ford a couple times but they can't get it to do it apparently. Still got about 6months inst manufacture warranty. The car will sometimes start and run no problem then it won't even with the new battery. Dealership said it might be the relay since some other mustangs have been know for this. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
502 Posts
2016 TECH PACK

SO. Just replaced the battery on the car and and it's been to ford a couple times but they can't get it to do it apparently. Still got about 6months inst manufacture warranty. The car will sometimes start and run no problem then it won't even with the new battery. Dealership said it might be the relay since some other mustangs have been know for this. Any other ideas?
So you may need to go the the plate (dealership) with a little more for them to work with. You say “it won’t”, do you mean not start? If it’s a no start, do you hear the exhaust valves cycle when you push in the clutch? (This would verify clutch start switch is functioning). If you hear the exhaust valves you are deeper in the system which would require a wiring diagram to start a diagnosis. Gain and relay as many details about what’s normal and abnormal operations during the malfunction (ie: lights work, radio doesn’t, door chime, anything wired). will help greatly in quick diagnosis. Good luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2016 TECH PACK

So you may need to go the the plate (dealership) with a little more for them to work with. You say “it won’t”, do you mean not start? If it’s a no start, do you hear the exhaust valves cycle when you push in the clutch? (This would verify clutch start switch is functioning). If you hear the exhaust valves you are deeper in the system which would require a wiring diagram to start a diagnosis. Gain and relay as many details about what’s normal and abnormal operations during the malfunction (ie: lights work, radio doesn’t, door chime, anything wired). will help greatly in quick diagnosis. Good luck.
Thanks for the info, i haven't been home just yet to test it myself I'm having to go by what my roommate says (hes easily got 20 years on me before anyone gives me shit). We shall see, I'm going to have plenty of time starting it repeatedly when I'm relearning a standard I'm sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts