Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed R springs and rear sway bars and now the car seemed to sit not much any lower maybe about 1/2 inch?
I also installed the 2019 adjustable camber plates wanted to keep as much Ford parts as possible. They are not cheap and does not give you any caster adjustments. I could not get the front aligned back to -1 in the front so now it is -1.3 and without the rear camber parts to do the rear yet, it’s left at -.6 and 1.1 right.

The car now search out any imperfections on the road and pull the car.
We have terrible streets and fwys in SoCal and I drive this car mostly on the road and some canyon runs. I will try this for a bit and see if I want this or go back to stock.

I have minor mods on the car, only oil catch cans, full Xpel, Ford blue intake filter and some cosmetic stuff. Safety glove Automotive tire Motor vehicle Glove Bumper Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Synthetic rubber Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was thinking of installing the R springs also. Think the stockers are a little soft compared to the rears. Didnt think they were lower though. In Socal too, already have probs with dips and driveways.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hattrick1, Actually the car only dropped 1/2 inch or so plus the springs are stiffer so I didn't noticed any problems. I have Sliplo installed under my splitter and it save many scrapes directly on my splitter.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW, there is the 2019 Front GT350 springs you can try. Its 10% stiffer but the rear is 6% less. That goes with R rear sway bars, plus cup 2 tires and Different Front hood blockers and new rear Spoiler. It was too much to change so I try this first. I may buy the front 2019 springs to try them compared to the R and leave the rears alone.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The R and Base springs are the same height.

An R is about 1/4 inch shorter because it has 30 aspect ratio tires, which are 1/2 smaller diameter than the base 35 aspect ratio tires.

If you want to lower the car, use the FP lowering springs. They lower the car 8/10th an inch and provide better track performance. That’s why they are used on the FP350S.

I put them in my base a year ago and love them for both daily and track.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
YBLEHSGT350

I don’t want to drop the ride height too much since the stock height already scraped easily. Also I don’t track the car and do some canyon runs. It’s at neg -1.5 front and -1 in the back camber setting with no toe in.
Also I don’t want a progressive spring either. I find front R springs a little too stiff and I get more understeer in moderate speed turns and have to add throttle to pivot the car around the turns. I prefer to rounds my turns. Anyways the 2019 GT350 springs on ordered so I’ll give another month or so see how the car feels before I change the springs

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Btw, I measured the R and GT350 spring length in the front and it’s 20mm shorter free standing not mounted in the front strut.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts