GT350.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello GT350 owners. I'm planning on buying a new or used 2016-2018 GT350. I seek your wisdom on a few questions.

Are there any common issues I should inspect prior to purchase?

Is there any way I can tell if the car has been tracked?

What can I expect to pay for a new 2018, invoice, over invoice or under invoice? If over or under, how much?

I'm in San Jose Ca.

Thanks!

·
Registered
73 Posts
MSRP in NorCal. Picking it up Thursday. Woohoo! My quest began six months ago. Like you,I was looking for a low mileage used one to avoid that first year depreciation. The more I learned how special the car and motor is, my concern grew for what kind of miles were put on the car. I decided to go new. CarMax, Auto Trader and CarGurus should be your daily friend. Go to the Ford Build site and you can find cars up and down the state at Ford dealerships. You can widen or narrow your search to in or out of state too. Stick to your price and be patient. The ridiculous ADM seems to be over. When I started, it was the norm. Now you'll see many posts here of msrp. I've seen a couple at below. Tell them that your willing to go out of state if need be. If you are set on a used one, I was following one from January til now. It's at Zen Auto in Sacramento. 5400 miles. Yellow. No stripes. Convenience package. It's the Snake that bit me. At the time I was looking for a 5.0. I made the mistake of driving that one. Six months later, I'm picking mine up Thursday. Can't wait. Best wishes on your quest. See you at the track.

·
Registered
262 Posts
This is one of the cars that I do not want to purchase used even if the depreciation comes in and bla bla bla.... MSRPs and below should be the norm now and lilke Vudu367 said, just be patient.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Million threads on this. I have to agree with 17snake. I honestly don’t know if I’d buy this car used. I bought my 2017 used with 211 miles. Rare to see that with these cars and that’s why I jumped on it. Other than that I’d be careful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I'm having a hard time finding a nice used one. I'll go new.

I'm holding to under MSRP.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a nice red with white stripes 2016 for sale. There are pictures in the cars for sale section. I am 70 and selling my Shelby and my Cobra replica. Chris. 309 635 8930

·
Registered
132 Posts
I enjoy my 2016 tech pkg, thank you very much. If you aren't going to track it, the track pack is just more crap that can go bad.

·
Registered
132 Posts
There seems to be some trouble with oil consumption in some cars (I have had no trouble at all - half quart between oil changes). If you are going to buy used, try to determine the used car's oil consumption.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I enjoy my 2016 tech pkg, thank you very much. If you aren't going to track it, the track pack is just more crap that can go bad.
I really don’t think external oil, trans and differential coolers are crap, and very little to go wrong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts