GT350.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if your fanatical about protecting your wheels like I am you may already be using these tools but they were new to me until my detailing guy pulled out his set when we did the ceramic coating on my wheels. These are a must have! The sockets have a plastic coating which prevents metal-on-metal contact with your wheels. The plastic doesn't take the force of the torque, it just stops the socket from making contact with your rim. Here's a pic of my set of Sunex sockets, the purple one is the 13/16 we would use on our lugs.
I got them from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007XVCS4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info!! What wrench are use using to get the lugs off and on?
Off - using a 1/2" breaker bar
on - using a 1/2" digital torque wrench Craftsmen
BTW Ford calls for 150ft/lbs.. ridiculous, probably to cover their liabilities. I am 115ft/lbs

·
Registered
502 Posts
I picked up the smaller set. Had little need for the smaller sizes of the larger set. Thanks for heads up!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Nice, thanks for the info and link. I'm always careful but will get these as well!!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Off - using a 1/2" breaker bar
on - using a 1/2" digital torque wrench Craftsmen
BTW Ford calls for 150ft/lbs.. ridiculous, probably to cover their liabilities. I am 115ft/lbs
I tend to agree, the 150lbs seems a bit excessive? I'm at 135lbs

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 11 of 11 Posts