Mustang GT350 Forums banner

Preowned 2016 GT350 price?

9K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Tankman 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, first time poster here. I'm hoping to get insight from you all regarding a '16 GT350 with tech package, 800 miles going for $1600 over MSRP. Car gurus stupid little deal indicator says good deal and it's nearly $5000 below market price.

The dealer is a small group that specializes in unique cars like this, and seems to not want to negotiate price as his client base seems to have interest in this car.

Am I wrong to think it's absurd to be $1900 over MSRP on a very lightly used 350? I'm really uncertain if this is reasonable for this car or not, especially reading posts about '17 models being sold at MSRP.

Anybody care to offer their suggestions or opinions on this matter?

Thanks!

#2 ·
Do you ever plan on tracking the car? I'd steer clear of the 2016 Tech Pack since it doesn't have the transmission or differential coolers. They are prone to going into limp mode after ~10 minutes on the track. The price isn't absurd but even if you don't plan to track it, I wouldn't pay over MSRP for one unless it was a Track Package. ESPECIALLY used. Keep looking and you're bound to find one at a much better price.

#3 ·
Thanks for your thoughts. Correction to the price it's $1,150 over MSRP. I'll be honest, I've never done any track work but I do have interest in getting active on occasion. Nearest track is roughly an hour drive away.

I've been a long term Mustang owner and a Shelby fan for awhile so I'm hoping this new car would be a pleasure for light daily driving and allow a good time on a track for a serious amateur like myself for the once ever couple of months trip to the track.

So with that said, if I can narrow the gap down to $3-400 over MSRP, would that be more reasonable or if I wait an additional few months will this BS over MSRP likely die a miserable death?

Thanks!

#5 ·
I just told him I'd be ok paying MSRP and waiting to hear back.

I'm now curious if trying trying to work with a dealer to special order one in at MSRP for a 2017 would be impossible. So far in AZ, best I heard back is $10K over MSRP.

I feel like in a few months I might have better luck on prices as more 2017's roll out. Is that a reasonable assumption or would I be wise to roll with this 350 if I can get it used at MSRP?

#6 ·
I think used should now be under MSRP. Especially on a Tech Pack. That being said, I paid over MSRP for my Tech 6 months ago. The 17 fixes the shortcomings of the 15&16 Tech cars and makes a more trackable car. Still burns me that I paid over sticker but if I didn't someone else would have. Didn't generate any loyalty for the dealer though. My suggestion is if you can wait, do. I couldn't and don't regret it at all. Great car either way. Dealers just generally suck.

#7 ·
I got him to drop down to roughly $500 above MSRP. I think I'll do it. I spent a lot of time on the phone today with dealers around the country. Best I could find was $5000 over MSRP, worst was $30K! Any cars at or below MSRP were under contract. Pretty discouraging to say the least.

I had a good talk with a fellow car enthusiast about the notion of waiting out for a hopeful drop below MSRP and I think the benefit of a 2-3K drop maybe in 4-5 months will be what a $30-40 difference a month in my payments? I simply can't fathom spending the next couple of weeks/months stalking the web and dealing with greedy dealerships. I want this car, it will make me happy and I'm not intending to get a return on my investment. I still wish I could get that extra $500 off but at this point, I'm accepting the fact I'm purchasing a unique car with high demand.

Thanks for your input guys. Hope to be rolling her home this weekend!

Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.