Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I plan on having my 19 R fully wrapped with paint protection film soon. I am having trouble on deciding if I should cover the matte stripes with matte film or just leave them uncovered. What have you done with your matte stripes? Does anyone have any examples? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
134 Posts
On my 2014 GT500 with matte stripes, I elected to have the PPF go around the stripes so as to not create a glossy look to the stripe. It's a coin toss. Do you want extra protection and a gloss stripe, or no protection of the stripe, yet retaining the matte look?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On my 2014 GT500 with matte stripes, I elected to have the PPF go around the stripes so as to not create a glossy look to the stripe. It's a coin toss. Do you want extra protection and a gloss stripe, or no protection of the stripe, yet retaining the matte look?
I want to retain the matte look. I may just get a new set of stripes for the entire front from Ford and take off the stripes on there now and then install the new ones over the PPf. Hard decisions

·
Registered
2020 GT350 Race Red/White Stripes- Handling and tech packages, Recaros, Carbon Fiber IP
95 Posts
Have you heard of the Xpel Stealth? It is designed for just those instances.
Your installer can give you more info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts