Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone was running the Powerstop Z23 1853 ceramic brake pads up front for brake dust reasons. I most likely will not be auto crossing my car, only around town driving.

Thanks Dave

·
Registered
502 Posts
Just wondering if anyone was running the Powerstop Z23 1853 ceramic brake pads up front for brake dust reasons. I most likely will not be auto crossing my car, only around town driving.

Thanks Dave

Dave,

Understand you are trading in a level of braking performance along with the potential of causing rotor damage. Vehicles designed to use a ceramic pad have a higher carbon content in their rotors. Ceramic pads are made to run hotter (and yes with less dust), so rotors have to be manufactured to withstand the extra heat without distortion (warpage). I have read no reports on this on our cars, just using brake design knowledge. The brakes (as designed) on this car are excellent Perfomance brakes. Are the quiet and clean? Hell no. :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I most likely will just try ceramic coating the rims and see how that hold up as far as cleaning the rims go. I used the Gtechnig ceramic on my other car and it does make keeping the rims clean a bit easier.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the reply, I most likely will just try ceramic coating the rims and see how that hold up as far as cleaning the rims go. I used the Gtechnig ceramic on my other car and it does make keeping the rims clean a bit easier.
I had my wheels ceramic coated with 9h and they are still a pain to clean. I was thinking of changing my pads to ferado’s 2500 series. I am done with all of the brake dust

·
Registered
262 Posts

Thanks Dave
I used those (and still using them) on my GT PP and I didn't really notice much difference. I understand the GT PP is no Shelby and I am comparing apples to oranges here, but the brake dusts still exist.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts