Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Looking into ordering a 2019.

Seats - my heart says Recaros.. my brain says heated/cooled. Thoughts? Would love to hear from those who have tried both.. I'll be hopefully checking some out soon.

Color ID: This is Kona blue correct? Tire Wheel Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

Trying to find a good picture of the new color "performance blue" - it's been hard, I think this may be the best I've found yet on a Raptor site: https://www.addictivedesertdesigns.com/news/2019-ford-raptor-color-options

So far I'm thinking color options would be:

leaning towards:
- performance blue, white stripes

other possibilities:
- magnetic gray, no stripes, black roof
- kona blue, white stripes (black stripes?)

Speaking with a dealership now about a 2019.. not a done deal yet but I'd like to be ready to jump on it if the opportunity arrises.

Thanks!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Recaro’s are good if you’re flexible enough for the in and out. The seat bolsters require you either tilt the wheel up or slide under. I find Recaro’s great on the track. If you have a dealer willing to let you order one of their allocation, do it. Color choice becomes difficult when a dealer only gets 2-3 a year.

Good luck. Performance blue is A+

·
Registered
247 Posts
Tough questions to ask as both of your topics are personal preference; matters not what any of us like, what do YOU like. Having said that...I love my heated/cooled leather seats as much as the next guy, but the Recaro's are awesome. Jim is right in that entry and exit is a required learning curve, but once in...! I don't miss the luxury aspect at all, not even on some 800 mile road trips thus far. Excluding any physical limitations (you're just too big for the Recaro's), I say it's the only way to go. Everyone has an opinion, but another aspect to me that I feel is important is the Recaro's look the part. The other seat does not. You may not care about that. I do. Best thing you can do it try to find one of each and at least sit in them. Better than nothing. I think you've already answered your own question though...you're buying this car for its heart anyways. This car all together is not a brain purchase.

As for color...that's all on you boss. Unless someone else is picking up the tab, I'm gonna pick what I want, and you don't need opinions for that.

Good luck.

·
Registered
229 Posts
All your choices are pretty much personal preference, but if you can try out both seat styles that might help you make up your mind. I already had a 2015 GT so I knew what the heated/cooled seats were like and after I tried sitting in a GT350 with the Recaros I knew I wouldn't like them for a car I planned on driving a lot. The Recaros do look cool in the car but I'm really glad I got the leather heated/cooled seats, which are also a lot more adjustable than the Recaros, and for me a lot more comfortable. As for color, well, you'll have to live with it so get what you like. I bought the first 2018 that Ford shipped to the dealer that had the options I wanted, so I didn't choose the color but I'm very happy with it. Whatever you end up with I hope you really enjoy it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tough questions to ask as both of your topics are personal preference; matters not what any of us like, what do YOU like.
Yea of course, I get that, just thought would be good to hear what others thought.. I imagine we're all sorta on the same page.

I'll try and see how I fit into the Recaros. I'm big (not gigantic) but 6'2" and 230~.. so first step would be make sure I fit.

This will be a "daily driver" however I don't drive all that much, work from home.. and definitely plan to track it.

Do the heated/cool seats have much in the way of support as in for-the-track type support?

Leaning towards one of the blues.. I'm pretty sure that pic I posted is Kona. The other 2 blues are both pretty, especially if they're the same as the Raptor link.. I think any of the 3 blues would look good. Velocity seems to be the most "shocking" of the 3. Still think the Performance is on top for me right now.

Put a small deposit down today to reserve my place in line (currently first) for the dealer allocation. He said the info he has is first build month is February, first ones in dealerships late March, so estimates anytime April-May would probably be delivery especially if it's marked as "sold" he said those get priority.

Thanks for the responses!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I do not own a gt350 yet but I have sat in both seats. I am 6’ and around 220 pounds. I could never be happy with the Recaro seats for a long drive. For the track, YES, but for the street and daily driving, I would have to get the leather.
Try both and decide for yourself. Just make sure you take the time to try both....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I hope you get the opportunity to create your own GT350 from the starting process specing it out and ordering. I am partial to the blues although all the colors are great. I have driven both cars with Recaros and the leather. My preference is the Recaros although I only drive my car about 1500-2000 mi a year so far. When I bought my car almost everything new available where I live had the leather, even a search on eBay found very few with the Recaros and all the other options and color I wanted. Of course try both before ordering if you have the chance. I have Lightning Blue which looks very close to the Performance Blue on the raptor sheet. The Velocity Blue actually looks a little light for my taste. When I went to Utah and drove a Kona Blue car I thought it was a little dark although it had the black stripes, it may have looked different with the white stripes. Like others say these choices are all personal preference so get what you want. I love my car but wish I could have ordered it with Recaros but I didn't have that opportunity so no looking back just forward. Best to you in your journey!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Wow, that’s funny....when I was shopping for mine, I could not find a non Recaro car anywhere in my area. No one had one to look at. Wonder if it’s a regional thing? Sometimes some options are more predominant based on where they’re going.

·
Registered
249 Posts
When traded my 16 leather heat/cooled seat blue/black one for a 17 I told dealership only if they could find a new 17 white/blue with leather heat/cooled seats. I got lucky they found one on a showroom floor about 200 miles from here and flat bedded it to my dealership.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have had my 2018 Ruby Red 350 for 5 months. I bought it off the show room floor, and it came with the Recaro seats. My opinion is that if you are going to drive the car every day get the heated and cooled FORD seats. I have actually looked a buying seats from a salvage yard just to get out of the Recaros. Also I suggest the convenience package, the car has lots of go, so a little luxury is a good thing. RE: color I love my Ruby Red with black strips people stare at it when I drive down main street. But that Kona blue with white strips wow! This car will make you 21 again order it today.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yup I'm 73 and my 2017 blue/white with the heated/cooled leather seats make me feel 18 again. Except performance cars are so low now you would never be able to take them to those drive in movies with a chick. Ha ha

·
Registered
73 Posts
Put a small deposit down to be first in line? Be careful that you’re not heading down the dreaded road of adjusted dealer mark up. Resist that young man! Don’t reveal your giddiness (warranted) to the dealer. Hide your cards. You can get your dream car and save money for your mods. Read the threads on this site regarding what you paid for your GT 350. There’s a time of year when you’ll have the leverage to get it at MSRP or even lower if you’re patient. As for the other things. I wouldn’t swap my convenience package for anything. Love my air cooled seats. I plan to track the car only to have the Sonoma and Laguna Seca experience. I will drive it mostly for leisure and sport. Don’t intend to race others or the clock with this wonderful machine. I have the Mag Metal Grey with Black Roof No Stripes that you mentioned. Pics attached. Good luck. You’re going to love this car.

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
Just ordered Red Alcantra for the winter project - have the R Recaro’s and the Heated - Cooled - Power - Lumbar GT350 Seats to disassemble and merge the two together - the R Recaro are great and I am 155 pounds - I have to slide the seat back to get out every time - merging them together will be easy but expensive - the guy specializes in custom car interiors so it will look great when done... stay tuned will be the only R Recaro with the sweet set ups we all want

·
Registered
32 Posts
I wanted the heated/cooled seats from the start. I was lucky enough to have two friends with GT350s. One with Convenience seats, vary adjustable for my wife on her side so she can raise the seat up about 5" for comfort and view, and one with the Recaros. (she didn't like them either) I did the Track Attack. They had Recaros. GREAT for the track and 1/2 hour on the track time. I have the convenience seats. I just went on a 2 1/2 week, 5100+ mile road trip. I could have not set in Recaros for 5 to 8 hours a day. The convenience seats hold you in the seat almost as good as the Recaros but are much much more comfortable. Order quick, I had to wait a year and a half because Ford ran out of convenience seats.

·
Registered
247 Posts
the R Recaro are great and I am 155 pounds - I have to slide the seat back to get out every time
Interesring...I’m a slim 180 (31” waist) and don’t have that problem.

stay tuned will be the only R Recaro with the sweet set ups we all want
Just cause you mentioned it several times in your post, the only difference between the R and non R seats is the lettering. Seats are identical. But yea, that does sound like it’s gonna be a pretty sweet, and unique project. I wanna see how that turns out. But I guess visually it won’t look any different, you’ll just have heat/cool Recaro’s.

I wanted the heated/cooled seats from the start. I was lucky enough to have two friends with GT350s. One with Convenience seats, vary adjustable for my wife on her side so she can raise the seat up about 5" for comfort and view, and one with the Recaros. (she didn't like them either) I did the Track Attack. They had Recaros. GREAT for the track and 1/2 hour on the track time. I have the convenience seats. I just went on a 2 1/2 week, 5100+ mile road trip. I could have not set in Recaros for 5 to 8 hours a day. The convenience seats hold you in the seat almost as good as the Recaros but are much much more comfortable. Order quick, I had to wait a year and a half because Ford ran out of convenience seats.
This topic is about as bad as an oil topic in that everyone’s opinions truly are useless to anyone else. That’s completley awesome you had the fortunate opportunity to extensively try out both. If you’re having a debate about which way to go, yours is the best scenario. Case in point, I completley disagree. I’ve done a couple 700+ mike road trips (in each direction) and found the recaros to be awesome. The support for me made up for any loss in luxury. Based on seat comfort alone, I’d even choose these for long trips over my Lexus IS or my F150. But like we started out with, ya know what they say about opinions, LOL...this one is only mine.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Congrats on getting a 2019. These cars are amazing and get ready for smiles. Personally I really like my Recaros, but if they didn't fit (5'11" 180 lbs) they would be miserable and detract from the otherwise fantastic driving experience. Stop by a dealer or a friend with the Recaros and try them out, only way your going to know if they fit you. Good luck and once your GT350 arrives we'll need pics :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I live in Texas, where it's hot-very hot several months out of the year. The heated/cooled seats are some of the most comfortable car seats I've ever used (I'm 32, 5'10 and 180lbs, so my body isn't totally falling apart yet), and I almost always have the cooled air on the seat. I only test drove the Recaros in a Focus RS, it was an incredibly harsh ride (could have just been the RS), but I couldn't imagine my wife really enjoying sitting in them. I use the car for date nights or going to meet clients, so I only drive it twice a week at best. I had a hell of a time finding a 2018 Orange Fury with the cooled/seats and convenience package, had to drive out of town to pick it up - and I even got it at MSRP (this was last April).

Haven't tracked the car yet, but when I do I'm sure these seats will be fine - I'm not going to be breaking any records, and that's fine. 95% of the time I'm cruising on the highway, so the ultra aggressive bolstering doesn't feel necessary. The car is just fun fun fun.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Depends what you want to do with the car. I have a '16 with heated cooled seats and like them when I'm out for a Sunday drive. They are more than adequate also for autocross racing. I've driven same model at track with Ricaros and they're the best when driving fast around corners. I would not have Ricaros for daily driver as they arent easy to get in and out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts