Mustang GT350 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All -

I'm a fairly new GT350 owner that recently started tracking my car. I have about 4 total hours of on-track time thus far, and it's all been on a fresh set of Super Sports. Does this tire wear look right to you? I'm not sure if the liquefied rubber is my own, or from the track (or a combo of both) but as a noob it doesn't look great.

Curious for those of you who track your Super Sports of they look similar after a hot day at the track. I don't feel like I'm shoving the car through the corners, but then again I'm new to road racing so my line is still pretty immature. Compared with a few other guys at the track, and guys with lower-end tires didn't look like this at all. Guys with track-only tires looked kinda similar but not as much of the liquefied stuff.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did some additional google searching, and sounds like the "gummy" stuff is likely not from my tires, but from the marbles I rolled over pitting out or if my line was a little off the norm (which it was, I'm new :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
That tire looks great. Eventually, when warmed enough on the street it'll scrub off. You'll most likely hear it. Don't be alarmed by how it can make the car feel or even sound to some degree.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts