Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a 2019 GT350R with approx. 1500 miles on it and recently noticed a fine mist of oil coating the engine compartment, sway bars, etc. almost as if someone sprayed it on with an aerosol can. I drive her pretty hard. Does anyone have any ideas or has anyone heard of this on another similar vehicle? Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure if this helps, but I know one of the oil lines on my 2016 GT350 had to be replaced because it was leaking.

·
Registered
179 Posts
First, check your drive belts, see if any oil film is getting to those. If so, then check your valve cover bolts. I had 5 come loose (I mean 6 turns out) and was getting oil on the exhaust headers which I could smell in the car. You may have a valve cover or oil pressure sensor leak that gets to your belts. Don't see anything else that could mist your engine compartment the way that you describe.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I had a line seeping and it sprayed oil everywhere within the first week of ownership - it was on the trans return line from the Cooler - the dealer gave me the part, I flipped it on the lift and fixed it - beats a flatbed Tow with Rosco the Road Warrior.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts