·
Registered
757 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lou, Are we registering? which one 70?
Oh no, I am not registering. I was just going to attend and spectate like the last two years. This show is smaller than "Fabulous Fords Forever" in Buena Park but is still a pretty large showing.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Guys, we should start figuring out when/where we want to meet to convoy to the show. Any suggestions on the 5 vs the 405? Let me know and I'll find a meet spot. If the 5 we can meet at the same Shell Station off Hollywood Blvd. in Burbank where we met to head down to Fab Fords at Knott's Berry Farm... I'm fine with the 405 too let me know and I'll find a spot to meet. There is a Starbuck's couple exits North of the 405/101 intersection that we could meet at. I'll find it if you want to take that route.

Looking forward to seeing you guys again - been awhile! Tim (Moorpark) will be joining and I'll see if his Newbury Park friends want to join us as well (guys we met at Malibu C&C)....

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The event is at Long Beach and since we are going to be heading down there early on a Sunday morning, traffic should not be bad at all (can't say the same for the way back). I am suggesting we meet you guys on the 405/101 area and take the 405 all the way down. If everyone goes, Rob, Randy, Andrew, and me should be convoying from AV to Canyon Country and meet up with Jack and Brian. From there, the six of us can meet you guys before we head down to the event. Let me know what you guys think. Brad, let's use the group text to communicate in addition to this site.

·
Registered
757 Posts
OK gentlemen, the time for an awesome Shelby run is approaching!! I've found a Starbucks right off the 405 and Devonshire. Just South of the 118/405 interchange. Please let me know if this works, Tim, I'm thinking we can just shoot straight out the 118 and meet the rest of the group there. Lou not sure what time we need to meet, so I'll throw 8:30AM out there - we should arrive at the event around 9:15AM? Looks like the Show is from 10:00AM - 3:00PM and admission is free. Time to detail the Shelby :)

Tim, you want to meet me at the 118 and Erringer off ramp at 7:45AM and we'll head out to the meet area together?

STARBUCKS
Devonshire & Langdon
15501 Devonshire Blvd
Mission Hills, CA 91345

Event Address: ShoreLine Aquatic Park / 200 Aquarium Way, Long Beach, CA 90802

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK gentlemen, the time for an awesome Shelby run is approaching!! I've found a Starbucks right off the 405 and Devonshire. Just South of the 118/405 interchange. Please let me know if this works, Tim, I'm thinking we can just shoot straight out the 118 and meet the rest of the group there. Lou not sure what time we need to meet, so I'll throw 8:30AM out there - we should arrive at the event around 9:15AM? Looks like the Show is from 10:00AM - 3:00PM and admission is free. Time to detail the Shelby :)

Tim, you want to meet me at the 118 and Erringer off ramp at 7:45AM and we'll head out to the meet area together?

STARBUCKS
Devonshire & Langdon
15501 Devonshire Blvd
Mission Hills, CA 91345

Event Address: ShoreLine Aquatic Park / 200 Aquarium Way, Long Beach, CA 90802
0830 sounds like a good Brad. Jack and Brian, we'll meet you guys at Starbucks in CC at 0800. For the rest of the fellas from AV (Rob, Andrew, Randy, and Dave), let's meet at McDonald's on 10th West and RVB at 0730. That should give us sufficient time to convoy. Let me know if you guys have other suggestions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
0830 sounds like a good Brad. Jack and Brian, we'll meet you guys at Starbucks in CC at 0800. For the rest of the fellas from AV (Rob, Andrew, Randy, and Dave), let's meet at McDonald's on 10th West and RVB at 0730. That should give us sufficient time to convoy. Let me know if you guys have other suggestions.
Hey Lou,

I was going to text you but apparently my phone does not respond back texts to the entire group. Its a process that I need to figure out how to set up, didn't have this problem with my old Note 4 Edge.

Anyhoo, I let you know this morning that me and the fam was good to go this Sunday. My wife just informed me she has to attend a retirement party at the Odyssey this Sunday at 10am. Its going to be at least a 2 hour affair. I just spent my entire day washing and detailing the Shelby. :mad: So looks like I am unexpectedly (and regrettably) out. Its complicated, a story for another day.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Lou,

I was going to text you but apparently my phone does not respond back texts to the entire group. Its a process that I need to figure out how to set up, didn't have this problem with my old Note 4 Edge.

Anyhoo, I let you know this morning that me and the fam was good to go this Sunday. My wife just informed me she has to attend a retirement party at the Odyssey this Sunday at 10am. Its going to be at least a 2 hour affair. I just spent my entire day washing and detailing the Shelby. :mad: So looks like I am unexpectedly (and regrettably) out. Its complicated, a story for another day.
That is a bummer, I am sure Brad is already planning for something next. We'll see you in the next go round. Take care.

·
Registered
757 Posts
All right guys, looking forward to seeing you 8:30AM at the Devonshire Blvd. Starbucks. S/B a fun day!!

Tim and I will be driving out, not sure if Vince (and other fella we met at Malibu C&C) will be joining us or not!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Hey guys, that was a blast! It's been awhile since I've seen so many classic Shelby's (and other Mustang variants) in one place. Small to mid-sized show but lots of neat cars there. The newer stuff was pretty cool too!

Just a few pics to share, Lou will likely be posting vid he took. Jack, you must clean those wheels ;)

Pics of: 1) 1965 1/2 Shelby GT 350 (the forefather of our cars), 2) 1970 Shelby, and 3) 1967-8 Shelby convertible. My show fav was the 1965 GT350, beautifully preserved/restored and correct ride!!

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting

1 - 17 of 17 Posts