Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings fellow Shelby owners. I just bought a used 2011 Shelby GT350, Kona Blue. I washed it the next day and used MacQuires scratch remover wax to buff out a few surface scratches. The bummer is that I noticed some small swirl marks left behind as a result. I know I can buff out the swirl marks with a different product but not sure which one. I have a friend who is a local county police officer and uses IBIZ on his cruiser (charger). He swears by IBIZ and offered to help me wash and wax the Shelby. His cruiser looks immaculate, but I wanted to research before using a product that might ruin my paint job.

So what do you folks recommend. I don't want to spend 8 hours waxing my car, but want a great shine. Thoughts?

Thanks much for your advice!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Greetings!

Regarding paint care → No pain, no gain.

To "really" do the paint justice it requires thorough washing to strip off whatever wax or protectant is on it, then iron particle remover, followed by a clay bar treatment, then polish and finally -- the wax.

Then the hardest part of all --- keeping the paint in decent condition while keeping the car clean. It is a lot of work to keep a car in show-room condition. I am lucky in that I just love doing this type of work -- many others don't.

If it's not in the cards for you to self-maintain, then consider a good detailer.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Bring it to a good detailer. Let them do a thorough paint correction on the car, and then a ceramic coating, and never worry about waxing again.
Well said Bob, it was the advice I was going to give (y) I did a full frontal PPF and full ceramic coat 2 years ago and every wash, she looks like brand new!!

·
Registered
2020 GT350 Race Red/White Stripes- Handling and tech packages, Recaros, Carbon Fiber IP
142 Posts
Bring it to a good detailer. Let them do a thorough paint correction on the car, and then a ceramic coating, and never worry about waxing again.
This is what I did. I hate hate HATE waxing.

And I feel if someone has the budget for a GT350 they could splurge on this recommendation. 😉

·
Registered
2019 GT350 Shadow Black/White Stripes
76 Posts
This is what I did. I hate hate HATE waxing.

And I feel if someone has the budget for a GT350 they could splurge on this recommendation. 😉
Exactly! And ceramic coating isn't that expensive, and last a few years. And 15-30 minute time, effortly wiping on a ceramic boost spray after washing car, keeps a brilliant shine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts