Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else experienced your car not starting after maybe 4-5 days of just sitting in the garage. I am not sure why this is happening and thought I would see if anyone else has experienced this issue as well.

·
Registered
2019 GT350 Shadow Black/White Stripes
46 Posts
There is always a wifi connection on, feeding to the Ford Pass site. How else can you remote lock/unlock your car. Along with being able to monitor things like mileage, fuel level, tire pressure, and oil life. All those systems monitoring continuosly use power, and drain the battery. And if your battery is a few years old, happens even faster. Best to always use a battery tender when not using the car for a few days.

·
Registered
2020 GT350
2 Posts
I have a battery tender that I will use if the car sits for a week or longer. Same one I use for motorcycles.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've found that this car drains the battery much quicker than my 2012 camaro did. The camaro, I could actually leave not charging for months and would come back to a car that would start. After 1-2 weeks of sitting, the mustang starts a little lethargic.

When I store the car during the winter, I have the tender wired under the car cover, so every sunday I plug it in and let it charge the battery up. Its usually on the 75% light when the tender comes on.

·
Registered
144 Posts
In general . . . GT350s sat in showrooms for months before being sold. Hence, original batteries are bad. From just sitting.

I bought two new GT350s. One had sat for 9 months, the other for 6 months. Both had bad batteries. I demanded new batteries for both; dealers complied.

If you are on the factory original battery, it is likely the problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
In general . . . GT350s sat in showrooms for months before being sold. Hence, original batteries are bad. From just sitting.

I bought two new GT350s. One had sat for 9 months, the other for 6 months. Both had bad batteries. I demanded new batteries for both; dealers complied.

Has anyone else experienced your car not starting after maybe 4-5 days of just sitting in the garage. I am not sure why this is happening and thought I would see if anyone else has experienced this issue as well.
I have not experienced this and I don’t lock my car when it’s home in the garage. Winter will have a battery tender on it while it’s hibernating, just like the bears.

·
Registered
2020 GT350 Race Red/White Stripes- Handling and tech packages, Recaros, Carbon Fiber IP
105 Posts

Got my car 2 days off the transporter. 🙂

·
Registered
2019 GT350 Shadow Black/White Stripes
46 Posts

My 2019 sat for 1 1/2 yrs at the showroom before I bought it. The dealer told me the owner would start it, and move it aroud periodically. The battery was dead when I first looked at it. Had to have them charge it, just so I could check out the car. But I've never had a problem so far. 🤞 But I put it on a tender if it's going to sit for more than a day or two. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had the same problem with our Corvette. Seems like all cars these days drain some power all the time. I seem to have cured the problem by picking up Vuking 4 amp battery maintainers at Harbor Freight. They work better than Battery Tender of the same amperage and are 1/2 the expense.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had the same problem with our Corvette. Seems like all cars these days drain some power all the time. I seem to have cured the problem by picking up Vuking 4 amp battery maintainers at Harbor Freight. They work better than Battery Tender of the same amperage and are 1/2 the expense.
My 05 Corvette had the chronic dead battery syndrome; I ended up always plugging a CTEK charger in when it was in the garage. I haven’t had my 17 GT350 on a charger, ever. Approaching 4 years on the factory battery.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts