Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to locate the owner's supplement package and Shelby oil filter wrench for my 2017 GT350 Chasis# H0283. I purchased the car from a Mayland dealership. I am the 2nd owner. Called the dealership with no positive results. Tried to contact the original owner, again with a negative response. Ford can't or won't help. I have purchased a Certificate of Authenticity. I intend to keep the vehicle and would like to have the supplement package and wrench to complete my ownership of this soon-to-be classic. I have seen some packages offered on Ebey in the past but none recently and not belonging to my vehicle. I will probably have to eventually purchase someone else's package and change the appropriate VIN# and Chasis# on the selected items in the package. Any other suggestion would be appreciated. If anyone knows the whereabouts of my car's package and wrench please give a heads up. Thanks, Mike.

·
Registered
134 Posts
With my 2016, the oil filter wrench was not included in owner's supplement package. It was sent separately at a later date. At some point during the 2017 model year, they switched to the cannister filter, eliminating the need for the wrench so your car may not need the wrench.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With my 2016, the oil filter wrench was not included in owner's supplement package. It was sent separately at a later date. At some point during the 2017 model year, they switched to the cannister filter, eliminating the need for the wrench so your car may not need the wrench.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Dawgman, but my 2017 GT 350 was a late 2016 / early 2017 build. So my filter is not the canister type. So I'll need the wrench to torque it properly. I could buy an aftermarket wrench. I want the Shelby Wrench to complete my investment.

·
Registered
2020 GT350 Race Red/White Stripes- Handling and tech packages, Recaros, Carbon Fiber IP
74 Posts
So you have the PO's name?
Did you dig into your fordpass app? Might be info in it if it didn't get reset.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Carbibe, thanks for the suggestions. The dealership would not give me the PO's name but I used the VIN# and contacted DMV and got the first owner's name and address, contacted information, and got his phone #. Left numerous messages. I have gotten negative responses. He's from Maryland and I'm NC, so a face to face is not probable. My Fordpass gives me nothing, Ford, in general, doesn't help at all.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Carbibe, thanks for the suggestions. The dealership would not give me the PO's name but I used the VIN# and contacted DMV and got the first owner's name and address, contacted information, and got his phone #. Left numerous messages. I have gotten negative responses. He's from Maryland and I'm NC, so a face to face is not probable. My Fordpass gives me nothing, Ford, in general, doesn't help at all.
Since it sounds like you want it because it came with the car, I would say this. The value of the GT350 lies in the car itself, not a filter wrench or a cardboard box. Folks buying '65 GT350's at Mecum aren't paying more because the original window sticker, or any other inanimate object, is included. While it might be nice to have the owners supplement, it's not going to change the value at sales time for very many people. Apart from it would be nice to have, I wouldn't sweat it too much that you don't have them if you want them, as you put it, to complete you investment.

Now if you want them just to have them, buy off ebay. But you will always know the numbers don't match your car, and in all fairness, since the numbers don't match, you will know this if you ever decide to sell the car. At sales time, it would be dishonest to say you have "everything" original from the car, knowing full well you don't. And if you honestly tell the buyer that the numbers don't match, the value of the car does not go up. So lose-lose in my mind.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since it sounds like you want it because it came with the car, I would say this. The value of the GT350 lies in the car itself, not a filter wrench or a cardboard box. Folks buying '65 GT350's at Mecum aren't paying more because the original window sticker, or any other inanimate object, is included. While it might be nice to have the owners supplement, it's not going to change the value at sales time for very many people. Apart from it would be nice to have, I wouldn't sweat it too much that you don't have them if you want them, as you put it, to complete you investment.

Now if you want them just to have them, buy off ebay. But you will always know the numbers don't match your car, and in all fairness, since the numbers don't match, you will know this if you ever decide to sell the car. At sales time, it would be dishonest to say you have "everything" original from the car, knowing full well you don't. And if you honestly tell the buyer that the numbers don't match, the value of the car does not go up. So lose-lose in my mind.
Hey, WitoTX, your message to me sounded a bit condescending, but everyone has a right to their opinion. Anyways, thanks for your response.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey, WitoTX, your message to me sounded a bit condescending, but everyone has a right to their opinion. Anyways, thanks for your response.
My apologies if I came across that way, it was not meant to be condescending. But I wouldn't sweat the supplemental box if the only reason you want it is to add value. 100% of the value of the car is because it's an awesome car with a limited production run, and components 100% unique to the GT350. Not the least of which is the motor, as well as the front suspension set up and geometry. Even the GT500 doesn't have a 8250 RPM redline!

My apologies Morphy!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My apologies if I came across that way, it was not meant to be condescending. But I wouldn't sweat the supplemental box if the only reason you want it is to add value. 100% of the value of the car is because it's an awesome car with a limited production run, and components 100% unique to the GT350. Not the least of which is the motor, as well as the front suspension set up and geometry. Even the GT500 doesn't have a 8250 RPM redline!

My apologies Morphy!
Thanks, WiltoTX, I appreciate you clearing the air. I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment of how absolutely great the GT350 is. I am very proud to own this car! I am a type "A" person with OCD, just need to have everything perfect. The Supplement package and Wrench with proper VIN#s would be nice to have items, so that's why I posted this message, in hopes, maybe the original owner might be a member and shed some light on these items. I know through the dealership that he traded in my Shelby for 2018 Shelby with the color he liked better. I have worked hard over the years to get as much memorabilia and history that specifically belongs to all the Fords I have. So that's why I continue this search. Just part of being a retired soldier, "Attention to Detail" is just part of me. Thanks again for clearing the air. Have a great day, and keep enjoying your 350!

·
Registered
14 Posts

I have two 1965 GT350's and a 1968 Corvette IMSA/Trans Am race car, and formerly a1967 Corvette 435hp black roadster and 1969 Corvette 435 hp L89 (Aluminum Heads). Believe me, "inanimate objects" drastically impact a car's price, and many times will either guarantee or destroy a sale.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have two 1965 GT350's and a 1968 Corvette IMSA/Trans Am race car, and formerly a1967 Corvette 435hp black roadster and 1969 Corvette 435 hp L89 (Aluminum Heads). Believe me, "inanimate objects" drastically impact a car's price, and many times will either guarantee or destroy a sale.
Hey," tobaccokid", I appreciate your response. Looks like you have a "gem" of a collection! I have never been a"vette" man but I still appreciate their worth and status in our car world, especially in racing history. I agree with the idea of having as much memorabilia belonging to your vehicle will increase the overall value. Even though I have no intention of selling my GT350, I still would like to have as much history on it as possible. My collection is made up of all Fords, and I keep records on all of them. Which is a plus for me personally.

·
Registered
2017 Shelby GT350 in Shadow Black with Matte Black Stripes
6 Posts
I totally get where you are coming from. I just bought a 2017 GT350 and am also in search of that supplemental box but am stuck at getting the original owners info. Not too much of a big deal for me but would be a nice to have.
Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I totally get where you are coming from. I just bought a 2017 GT350 and am also in search of that supplemental box but am stuck at getting the original owners info. Not too much of a big deal for me but would be a nice to have.
Good luck with your search!
Hey Los s550, thanks for your post and encouragement. Hope your search produces better results than mine has so far. But I will continue to try since I have no intention of getting rid of my 350. Such a unique vehicle! Hope you get as much pleasure out of owning your's as do mine. Drive with Ford Pride.

·
Registered
2017 Shelby GT350 in Shadow Black with Matte Black Stripes
6 Posts
Hey Los s550, thanks for your post and encouragement. Hope your search produces better results than mine has so far. But I will continue to try since I have no intention of getting rid of my 350. Such a unique vehicle! Hope you get as much pleasure out of owning your's as do mine. Drive with Ford Pride.
Thanks for the encouragement too. I love this car and will definitely enjoy every bit of it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Let it go. You can't have it.

3 weeks after I traded in my 2016 for a 2019 R, the salesman called about the package. HE volunteered that I had already sold it. I told him, "Yeah, that's right." Fingers crossed. I think he was just trying to tell the buyer HONESTLY that it wasn't available.

I had Michaels frame the poster. Looks super in my bedroom. Crank model sits on my TV, next to my other crank model.

Not for sale. No one else is getting them.

Quite simply, if the package wasn't part of the original purchase deal, and you got "a negative response" when trying to contact original owner, you're done. Frankly, no one should have assisted you in finding the original owner. Ford should tell you nothing.

Nothing unethical about the salesman contacting the original owner, but when the original owner tells him, "No," that's it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I didn't sound that way at all to me bro? Glad you guys worked it out. I did have a line on these a while back. Let me see if I can find that info for you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Trying to locate the owner's supplement package and Shelby oil filter wrench for my 2017 GT350 Chasis# H0283. I purchased the car from a Mayland dealership. I am the 2nd owner. Called the dealership with no positive results. Tried to contact the original owner, again with a negative response. Ford can't or won't help. I have purchased a Certificate of Authenticity. I intend to keep the vehicle and would like to have the supplement package and wrench to complete my ownership of this soon-to-be classic. I have seen some packages offered on Ebey in the past but none recently and not belonging to my vehicle. I will probably have to eventually purchase someone else's package and change the appropriate VIN# and Chasis# on the selected items in the package. Any other suggestion would be appreciated. If anyone knows the whereabouts of my car's package and wrench please give a heads up. Thanks, Mike.
Someone recommended this package to a friend a while back (never heard back on results). I know you have already got the certificate but this may include the other items. My 2018 came with all that stuff but had the flat plane crank instead of the business card holder. You put in your year & Vin number & the package supposedly will match? Worth a shot & btw, I do agree with you as I really wanted the package too!! If I sell, I will proudly say I have it & you get it (y)

Cheers bro, good luck on your hunt & thank you for your service ... vet to vet 🇺🇲💪

Shelby Certificate Package

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

3 weeks after I traded in my 2016 for a 2019 R, the salesman called about the package. HE volunteered that I had already sold it. I told him, "Yeah, that's right." Fingers crossed. I think he was just trying to tell the buyer HONESTLY that it wasn't available.

I had Michaels frame the poster. Looks super in my bedroom. Crank model sits on my TV, next to my other crank model.

Quite simply, if the package wasn't part of the original purchase deal, and you got "a negative response" when trying to contact original owner, you're done. Frankly, no one should have assisted you in finding the original owner. Ford should tell you nothing.

Nothing unethical about the salesman contacting the original owner, but when the original owner tells him, "No," that's it.

Hey Gamecock, thanks for your input on this subject. Let me clear up a few things. Ford never gave me information on the original owner. I got that through DMV using the VIN#. The salesperson nor the original owner never did respond to my requests for information on the box. I left numerous polite messages with negative returns. I'm stubborn, that's why I posted the original message on this site, hoping someone in the GT350 world see the Chasis # and is able to shed some information on this box. And the search goes on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Someone recommended this package to a friend a while back (never heard back on results). I know you have already got the certificate but this may include the other items. My 2018 came with all that stuff but had the flat plane crank instead of the business card holder. You put in your year & Vin number & the package supposedly will match? Worth a shot & btw, I do agree with you as I really wanted the package too!! If I sell, I will proudly say I have it & you get it (y)

Cheers bro, good luck on your hunt & thank you for your service ... vet to vet 🇺🇲💪

Shelby Certificate Package

Hey, Eric The MadMan, Appreciate your recommendation about the Shelby Certificate Package. Been there, done that. It's still not all that is in the original package. Still not the same. I'll keep searching. Thanks for your input and also THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE, AIRBORNE, ALL THE WAY!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts