Mustang GT350 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Has anyone done the weight comparison between the stock reservoir and the aftermarkets? I'm guessing the aluminum is obviously heavier than the stock poly. Also, seems like some of the stock units add capacity. Unfortunately, the stock "grenade" looks terrible, and at the same time, adding any weight is in the worst possible location, all the way forward and high.

I'm thinking about just buying the black plastic cover and calling it a day. I'd simply paint my stock unit, but then I'd have to mask off a section to see the fill level and although I think $50 for a thin piece of molded plastic is robbery, at least it'll look somewhat professional.

The whole situation is lipstick on a pig or adding weight to an already front ended track car.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I would like a solution other than the aluminum tank also. Maybe someone will make a better looking polymer tank

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a reservoir and master cylinder cover in black from CJ pony parts and they fit and look great.
2016 Shelby GT350
Shadow Black

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have a reservoir and master cylinder cover in black from CJ pony parts and they fit and look great.
2016 Shelby GT350
Shadow Black
You got a pic of those covers. Just looked at CJ and can’t find ‘em?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Since I’m not widdling seconds off my track time, the minimal wieght increase going to aluminum isn’t a concern. The plastic jug has to go. Need a metal tank that 1. Comes close to equal capacity, 2. Doesn’t interfere with PCV oil seperator installation and 3. Looks Cool.

Simple?

·
Registered
757 Posts
You got a pic of those covers. Just looked at CJ and can’t find ‘em?
Ditto, I've been through the CJ site and didn't see them either....

Update, did find them at CJ Pony parts, searched under coolant overflow reservoir covers...they have several options including CF...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts