Mustang GT350 Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Go to Mustang6g if you want to get better info. This page doesn't have near the depth of knowledge of the Voodoo as Mustang6g does. Lots of guys who blew theirs up, lots of guys (like me) who track theirs multiple times a month with no issues. Avoid 2015 and 2016 unless its a track pack, and do your own title search. Up until March or May 2017, there was a screw on oil filter that was prone to unscrew itself unless tightened to spec. After that, Ford went to a canister which eliminated the problem. CarFax is basically worthless, and plenty of folks just repair their cars at home and sell it (I looked at an R last week that was clearly in a major front end collision, and it showed a clear car fax). In 2018 the front end got beefier springs and softer springs in the rear, a different spoiler, and a haldful of other things I can't remember.

Mustang6g has an entire thread dedicated to the differences between the 2017 and 2018. Take a look.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Perhaps this shouldn't be stated, BUT I've had the HOTS for a Shelby GT350 for months, although I have a DROP DEAD 07 700 hp Shelby GT-500 that I will never sell ! My question is since the -16-17-18 models has had some engine problems include oil leaks, oil consumption, oil pump, overheating, stalling, smoking, trouble turning over, or engine seizure/failure but was supposedly corrected in the 19-20 Gen 2 motors. After MUCH research with Dealer's that I know, and have contacted, and there are forums that state some GT -350's 20's had issue's, and engine replacement's not to mention the Shelby GT 500 with timing chain failure! Why in GOD'S name would anybody buy one with the asking price that is high, and with more For Sale than you can count. I trying not to be negative since I bleed Blue, and want a damn 350 GT but afraid to buy one, and have to replace a 15-20K motor since I can find recalls or extended warranties on those motors by Ford ! Yes they supposedly they have a 5 year Drive Train Warranty. It blows my mind how many GT 350's & new GT 500's are FOR SALE at ridiculous prices ! Totally confused !

Quite a story on this one <>
2020 Shelby GT350 Engine Failure
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2020-shelby-gt350-engine-failure.133081/

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have ZERO issues and we drive her all over the state. An absolute blast to drive and most comfortable ride. After each and every road trip she consumes no oil. No tickings or clicking or whatever else they say they do. I read a lot about Dodge hemi’s making ticking sounds and having exhaust leaks and so on and yet they manage to sell a lot of hellcats.
camaros with their cooling issues and on and on. No manufacturer is producing 100% problem free vehicles. I also question a lot of the owners beating the living hell out of them and never checking the oil or improperly torquing the oil filters.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nobody can decide on a purchase but you, however I have a 2019 with 8.3 k miles and have had 0 issues and no oil consumption, granted I have not been to any track days but I drive it like it deserves but I never abuse it. I previously had a 12 GT 500 and was considering a 20 GT 500 as well but the sound of the VOODOO and the manual transmission was all I needed to get a 350.

·
Registered
2020 Twister Orange GT350R, 2020 Grabber Lime Green GT500 CFTP, 1965 Backdraft Cobra
16 Posts
The only problem I have had with my 2020 GT350R has been with the driver front TPMS sensor failing - it was harder to find a shop that could remove and replace the tire in my CF wheels than it was to replace the tpms.

Total cost was $214.00 out the door parts and labor.

Almost 4,000 miles and no other issues whatsoever.

Absolutely love this car.

·
Registered
2020 Performance Blue GT350
15 Posts
All I can say is my Shelby makes me grin from ear to ear every time she rev’s over 5k rpm’s. Not a single issue and the best performance car I have ever owned. I’ll never sell this beauty and beast.
I TOTALLY AGREE with that sentiment… 100%! My 2020 Ford Performance Blue w/black stripes beauty - named Rey - is pure joy to drive every time!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts