Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this normal for the Shelbys / Voodoo engine?

I had to take my 2018 Shelby back to the dealer after a oil change in April because there were drops of oil on the garage floor immediately after returning from the dealer. They cleaned it up, but every since there is a slight burnt oil smell a couple of minutes after parking the car.

Oil pressure is great, ~95 psi, and temp is around 200 - 210, can’t smell anything in the car nor see any smoke during or after driving the car.

I Took the car to dealer today for an oil change and to check the smell. Everything looked great, though they replaced the oil drain plug because it had drop of oil on it. Still smells but maybe needs to burn off oil they miss. I don’t recall any oil smell when I bought the car, but I just didn’t notice it. My Shelby has only 5600 miles.

Appreciate any insight.

Thx, Ron

·
Registered
186 Posts
Oil change without some spill on the underbody pan is nearly impossible. Had same thing happen with first oil change. Took back to dealer since it happened when there was an oil cooler line recall.
The dealer took off the under pan and cleaned it.
Solved it then.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I track my GT350 and have had probably 20 days of tracking. The high rpm causes a butt load of vibration. Knocked three valve cover bolts loose causing minor amounts of oil to seep out. Had to have gaskets replaced as well as oil pan. Part of the track rigors I suppose.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the insight! I shared both with dealer today. The tech and service writer check for any kind of oil leak, nothing. Even shared pictures, super clean top and bottom! Thought there may be a mist around the oil dip stick. That’s it. Perhaps the smell is normal. Never smell anything while driving. Only after a few minutes after engine is off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts