Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 GT350 with less than 1000 miles on the odometer. I'm seeing oil pressure readings on the dash gauge in excess of 100 psi on a cold engine at low (<2500 RPM) street speeds. Is this normal? I'm not used to seeing oil pressure readings that high. It drops somewhat after warm-up but still seems a bit high compared to my older Coyote 5.0. Worrying about nothing??

·
Registered
74 Posts
2019 GT350 with less than 1000 miles on the odometer. I'm seeing oil pressure readings on the dash gauge in excess of 100 psi on a cold engine at low (<2500 RPM) street speeds. Is this normal? I'm not used to seeing oil pressure readings that high. It drops somewhat after warm-up but still seems a bit high compared to my older Coyote 5.0. Worrying about nothing??
I have 5500 miles on my 2019. When it cold starts I see about 125 psi. Even warm on the freeway it cruises right around 90 psi. Seems very consistent with what I've heard from other K block owners.

Reactions: PTParks

·
Registered
142 Posts
It's built tight. A good thing.

Owner's manual says don't dog it til oil temp is up to 160 degrees. More important than oil pres.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts