Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 gt350 with 2200 miles on it. I bought the car new in August of 2017. When should I do the first oil change? 5000 miles or sooner?

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have a 2017 gt350 with 2200 miles on it. I bought the car new in August of 2017. When should I do the first oil change? 5000 miles or sooner?
Now... the car offers a light when it thinks it’s ready. Don’t wait for it. Around 2K is good break in. Then depending how you drive I wouldn’t go over 5K. Oil is full synthetic, usually good in average cars for 10K.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I did my first one at 2K. I plan on doing every 3K or 6 months going forward. I hit my oil change interval right when I put her away for winter, so I'll wait until spring to flush her out as opposed to doing 2 oil changes for no reason.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Like I said I'd much rather have a light when low oil then a light/message saying its time for an oil change. Most of us know we shouldn't go out to far on mileage between oil changes. The way some of these drink oil by the time you get that there won't be any oil left in the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts