Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On the passenger side where the bumper cover mounts below the body I had a gap there.
I didn't want to mess with dealer (new 2018) and dug into this to see if it was an easy fix or not for myself to do.

I removed the tail lamps, rear wheels, loosened part of the fender well liners and a host of plastic fasteners.
Found a broken plastic tab was broken on a piece that mounts to the body. Jumped online and found a part.
No parts listed for 2018 Mustang yet so went with 2017 Mustang. Ordered, waited, received, Oh Wait! I had heard of the TSB for bumper gab...
"I wonder if this piece for 2017 is different for 2018 after all"? Ok, dug a little deeper and talked with a couple parts people (local, Tasca and what ever Tousley Ford is now)
seems to be a different one after all. Ordered, waited, received and swapping now.

Seems the original part was the correct one after all BUT has to be cut? Also original says CONV (convertible?) and one we thought was correct says COUPE

No biggie, just posting for future reference

(already cut so its laying down)

1 of 2 broken tabs

2 of 2 broken tabs

Conv? Coupe is a little beefier

Part number actual vs. bag

Part number actual vs. bag

Cut

·
Registered
247 Posts
I had every intention of completely removing the bumper skin and checking these when I did my home repair on the sag. Same as you, pulled the lights and the fender liner, but then all those brackets and everything else on mine seemed rock solid. So I decided not to dig. Didn’t really figure out how tough it would be to get the skin off. Is that a job to get off and back on?

·
Registered
166 Posts
My head hurts. How did it look after you installed it? Did you fix the gap? I think the TSB was there way of making sure it didn't happen again by adding extra "screws" for support. It's bound to happen again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The bumper cover just popped out pretty easy from those tabs on the side. Mine has a screw in a tight spot in behind the tail light opening, Im thinking this is the update to fix the sag? it was snug getting that screw in and out.

Yes the missing tabs caused a slight gap (on the side of the vehicle where bumper/body meet, not the gap next to tail light on previous years). All back together and good :) Next up is the front bumper to hood gap :rolleyes:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Only other thing I want to tackle on mine is on the left side where the front bumper skin meets the fender up in that curved corner at the back of the headlight. Not loose, but not aligned very good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.