Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I use my car for street use only and infrequently. As such, I try to use ethanol free gasoline but can't find any over 91 Octane. While I realize it's adequate for my purposes, I would like to run at lease 93 Octance as I tried Sunoco 93 (with 10% ethanol) and car was definitely more responsive. Does anyone have any recommendations on a high grade racing fuel additive/concerntrate I can safely use to increase the Octance some that will not damage O2 sensors, catalytic converters, etc.? Thank you!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi - I use my car for street use only and infrequently. As such, I try to use ethanol free gasoline but can't find any over 91 Octane. While I realize it's adequate for my purposes, I would like to run at lease 93 Octance as I tried Sunoco 93 (with 10% ethanol) and car was definitely more responsive. Does anyone have any recommendations on a high grade racing fuel additive/concerntrate I can safely use to increase the Octance some that will not damage O2 sensors, catalytic converters, etc.? Thank you!
Torco Accelerator works well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Obviously you are from the east, as am I. I drove out west of the Mississippi last year and all I could find is 91 or less. This worked well and at higher elevations, 6k ft to 8k I was getting 26 - 28 mpg in 4th around 4000 rpm. If you want better response drive in a lower gear, RE: 3rd or 4th. You have to keep the RPM around 3000 - 4000 and the temp up. The 5.2 FPC is made to run around 200deg +. 1200 rpm and 180 F does more damage than good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spoke with Brian. Seems like a good guy. How long have you been using Aces IV and have you tried their oil? Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts