Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started noticing a sound when blipping the throttle at 2,300mi. I recorded a video demonstrating clearly the sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G7-pVvq3hU

I thought it was coming from the oil separators, then I located the sound, seems to be coming from the air intake manifold (air filter area). I will check with Ford tomorrow.

Just wondering what you guys think, and if you have that sound as well. You might need to pop the hood open all the way, then blip it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I started noticing a sound when blipping the throttle at 2,300mi. I recorded a video demonstrating clearly the sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G7-pVvq3hU

I thought it was coming from the oil separators, then I located the sound, seems to be coming from the air intake manifold (air filter area). I will check with Ford tomorrow.

Just wondering what you guys think, and if you have that sound as well. You might need to pop the hood open all the way, then blip it.

UPDATE: Took the car to Ford, they said it’s completely normal, and they even showed me another GT350 onsight, that produced the same sound.

·
Registered
502 Posts
UPDATE: Took the car to Ford, they said it’s completely normal, and they even showed me another GT350 onsight, that produced the same sound.

Thanks for updating us, it’s not the type of sound you would normally hear since you can’t blip the throttle under the hood (fly by wire...lol). Good catch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanks for updating us, it’s not the type of sound you would normally hear since you can’t blip the throttle under the hood (fly by wire...lol). Good catch.
Haha yeah exactly! It was my friend who rode with me and heard it when he stepped out of the car while I was parking, he pointed at a “weird noise” and got me worried lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts