Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2017 from TX. 29K miles. Was looking for a 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca and found this car after a deal went south over a broken transmission. Supposed to be delivered week of Thanksgiving. Very excited to add this to the fleet.

·
Administrator
1965 Mustang
60 Posts
Just bought a 2017 from TX. 29K miles. Was looking for a 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca and found this car after a deal went south over a broken transmission. Supposed to be delivered week of Thanksgiving. Very excited to add this to the fleet.
Welcome from Houston Texas. Congrats on the buy. Glad you joined us. Definitely need pictures once you get it home.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Welcome from Houston Texas. Congrats on the buy. Glad you joined us. Definitely need pictures once you get it home.
Thanks. Lived in Katy from 09-12. Was part of the original West Houston Musclecar group and used to go to Cars/Coffee in Vintage Park (Louetta/249). Here was my 06 GTO (the red one-sold it in 2019). The Shelby is replacing it!

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

I just noticed in your profile you have a 65. I also own a 70 Boss. It was at a few of the Cruise nights at Caliber by the Katy Mills Mall.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The LS is a nice car. But you found a special car nonetheless.
Welcome here.
No doubt. I bought the GTO in Sept 2007, was a left over on a dealer lot in LA. It was my daily driver until 2019. (sold an 01 Cobra convertible when I bought the GTO). I put 70K on it, not one problem at all. Totally stock other that Stainless Cat-back exhaust. My co-worker bought it for his daughter. They put a 125hp Nitrous kit on it, she‘s running low 12s with it.

My new GT350 is also race red w/white stripes…

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

·
Administrator
1965 Mustang
60 Posts
Thanks. Lived in Katy from 09-12. Was part of the original West Houston Musclecar group and used to go to Cars/Coffee in Vintage Park (Louetta/249). Here was my 06 GTO (the red one-sold it in 2019). The Shelby is replacing it!

View attachment 14070

I just noticed in your profile you have a 65. I also own a 70 Boss. It was at a few of the Cruise nights at Caliber by the Katy Mills Mall.

View attachment 14071

View attachment 14072
Small world, I've been to every place you are talking about. I started the Mustang Club of Houston. Ever make any of our events? We did several pretty big shows.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Small world, I've been to every place you are talking about. I started the Mustang Club of Houston. Ever make any of our events? We did several pretty big shows.

We either met around 2010 or I met one of your compadres from the club. When WHM first got together we used to meet at the 59 Diner that was on Katy Freeway by Barker Cypress. I used to take the Boss to those fairly regularly (non summertime, the car has no AC). I remember having conversations with a few guys wanting me to join. I was working for Christian Brothers Automotive and did car stuff all day long so we didn’t get really involved in any club stuff. I did hang with the GTO guys a bit, because that car had AC and the wife could tolerate the drive :p

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Administrator
1965 Mustang
60 Posts
I'm sure we did meet. Your Boss does look familer I looked at pictures of my car around 2010. It was during that time I changed to cowl hood and front lower valance.

Probably looked like this:

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Hood

Or maybe like this:

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

I would have looked like this, getting a check for winning class, I'm just as ugly, short and skinny now, just no hair. This was out at Sealy. Ever go out there? Remember how the cows would be in pasture on right?

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Not meaning to high jack your introduction, just curious if you remember.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Car arrived yesterday. Quick question, are the factory hoods steel or fiberglass? This one is definitely fiberglass and I’m assuming it’s aftermarket. It has hood struts and not a traditional hood prop rod.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky

1 - 13 of 13 Posts