Mustang GT350 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
2018 Shelby GT350
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I am new to the forum, and would like to introduce myself. I live north of Dallas, and was able to find a new, leftover 2018 in Triple Yellow last August. After I purchased the car in Salem, Ohio I had to drive it to Kansas City, MO where I was working on a project. My GT350 has the Recaro seats, but the 13 1/2 hour drive was pretty comfortable! Unfortunately it was raining almost the entire way.

My first Mustang was a 1972 with the 302, and an automatic transmission. I bought it for $700. It needed to have the transmission rebuilt, and back then it cost $350. Those were the days. Sadly enough I never had the money to fix the car up the way it should have been done, and eventually trade it for another car.

In October of 2013 I purchased a 2014 Deep Impact Blue Base V6 Mustang with a manual transmission. I loved that car, and wish I still had it. That is my favorite body style, and I thought that the interior was okay. Since my daughter needed a new car I had to trade it in 2017.

In the end I guess it was a good thing, since that made room for the Shelby GT350 I get to enjoy now. My dream car is (was?) a Porsche 911, but after having driven the Shelby I am not sure that it would measure up. Purchasing a used 911 would have been an option, but for what I paid for a new Shelby I would have only gotten a 10 year, or older 911. Not sure I'd want those repair bills.

Thank you for reading my intro, and have an awesome day!

Registered
2020 GT350 Race Red/White Stripes- Handling and tech packages, Recaros, Carbon Fiber IP
Great intro. Welcome and congratulations on the GT350.

And we like pics. 馃槑

Registered
2018 Shelby GT350
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great intro. Welcome and congratulations on the GT350.

And we like pics. 馃槑
Thank you! I wanted to add pictures... long story short, I was making it more difficult than it is. :)
This is not a picture of my '72, but basically this is how it looked:
'72_Ford_Mustang_Coupe_(Orange_Julep_'10).jpg

Here is a picture of my 2014 Base V6:
My_2014_Mustang.jpg

Unfortunately I have not taken any good pictures of Old Yeller, but here are some pictures the dealer had posted. I'll have to take some pictures, but it is raining here right now:
1.jpg
6.jpg
4.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts