Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Hello,,, New member from So Cal. Bought new 2016 Deep Impact Blue/ White OTT Stripes in March of this year (2017). Car had been sitting in the showroom of the dealer for 14 months....go figure with a 30K mark up. No I didn't pay that (or any mark up). Totally digging this car,, maybe more car than I have the skills to use. Happened across this site while looking for GT350 things on Google..

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hello Hello,,, New member from So Cal. Bought new 2016 Deep Impact Blue/ White OTT Stripes in March of this year (2017). Car had been sitting in the showroom of the dealer for 14 months....go figure with a 30K mark up. No I didn't pay that (or any mark up). Totally digging this car,, maybe more car than I have the skills to use. Happened across this site while looking for GT350 things on Google..
Rob, check out Hotlap's thread about Woodland Hills meet on the 26th.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hope you got the Dealership to give you a new Battery. Mine had sat for 3 months and I made them give me a new one.

Welcome to the site. We’re all passionate about our cars. Mine is a 2017 Magnetic Greg, Black Strips.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep.. got a new battery. The dealer replaced it while they completed the oil line recall. Dealer also replaced the car cover. They used the one that came with my car to cover who knows what with it and tried to pawn it off on me by stuffing it in the trunk covered with dirt and bird droppings. Really. Montebello Ford in CA.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hope you got the Dealership to give you a new Battery. Mine had sat for 3 months and I made them give me a new one.

Welcome to the site. We’re all passionate about our cars. Mine is a 2017 Magnetic Greg, Black Strips.
I was deciding which one to purchase (Camaro ZL1, Corvette Stingray, or the Shelby). After driving 16Snake's Shelby, the decision was over.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yep.. got a new battery. The dealer replaced it while they completed the oil line recall. Dealer also replaced the car cover. They used the one that came with my car to cover who knows what with it and tried to pawn it off on me by stuffing it in the trunk covered with dirt and bird droppings. Really. Montebello Ford in CA.
When I went to see mine, was dead in showroom (3 months in showroom). Salesman pulled a Tech on a Saturaday afternoon to replace it before I came back Sunday AM. Worked in car business my whole life and 3+ month old Lot-rot battery, it’s done!

Enjoy your purchase, sounds like you all live where I grew up (West SF Valley)? I would love to be driving Topanga, Decker or any of those old canyons.

·
Registered
262 Posts
When I went to see mine, was dead in showroom (3 months in showroom). Salesman pulled a Tech on a Saturaday afternoon to replace it before I came back Sunday AM. Worked in car business my whole life and 3+ month old Lot-rot battery, it’s done!

Enjoy your purchase, sounds like you all live where I grew up (West SF Valley)? I would love to be driving Topanga, Decker or any of those old canyons.
North of SF Valley, we are in Antelope Valley.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Join SAAC and the LA Shelby club and take your car to the COCOA open track at Willow in May. Very nice people, very low key and a good place to explore the limits of your new toy.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Rob, check out Hotlap's thread about Woodland Hills meet on the 26th.
16SNAKE, you should join us this coming Sunday the 26th and head out to the Exotic Auto meet in Woodland Hills. See the Thread with details in the Shelby GT350 events forum!! Excited to see what mods you guys have done!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Join SAAC and the LA Shelby club and take your car to the COCOA open track at Willow in May. Very nice people, very low key and a good place to explore the limits of your new toy.
I was there at Willowspring last month when they were up there.... real cool.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Yeah those guys are typical slimy sales guys...last Summer they had 4 2017's on the lot and were stuck at %5K over...last time I checked the one I wanted was still sitting there. You should have heard the load of BS the Jr. sales guy was spouting. Very annoying...glad I didn't do business with them!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yeah those guys are typical slimy sales guys...last Summer they had 4 2017's on the lot and were stuck at %5K over...last time I checked the one I wanted was still sitting there. You should have heard the load of BS the Jr. sales guy was spouting. Very annoying...glad I didn't do business with them!!
Sometime I have to think if these typical sales reps are really dumb or just plain ignorant. It is too darn obvious the Shelby customers have done extensive researches on these vehicles before they contact the dealers. Some of the BS they try to tell you are completely false and when you present them with facts, they try to make vain excuses. There is a 16 Shelby still sitting on the showroom in my area over 16 months. The dealership is selling that Shelby at 68K and this is not the R, and they marked it up another 10K for a total of 78K for a non track pack Shelby. When I was in that dealer two months ago and right before I purchased mine at a different dealer, I spoke to the sales guy and all I got was a bunch of false info, like oh we just got this. I told the guy I've been watching these Shelbys and this one has sat in their show room for over a year, so come more BS. I told the sale rep the new 17 model with a track pack already installed is selling at 57K, so comes more BS. That Shelby is still sitting in their showroom at this time and I doubt they will sell it anytime soon with a 78K tag.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Sometime I have to think if these typical sales reps are really dumb or just plain ignorant. It is too darn obvious the Shelby customers have done extensive researches on these vehicles before they contact the dealers. Some of the BS they try to tell you are completely false and when you present them with facts, they try to make vain excuses. There is a 16 Shelby still sitting on the showroom in my area over 16 months. The dealership is selling that Shelby at 68K and this is not the R, and they marked it up another 10K for a total of 78K for a non track pack Shelby. When I was in that dealer two months ago and right before I purchased mine at a different dealer, I spoke to the sales guy and all I got was a bunch of false info, like oh we just got this. I told the guy I've been watching these Shelbys and this one has sat in their show room for over a year, so come more BS. I told the sale rep the new 17 model with a track pack already installed is selling at 57K, so comes more BS. That Shelby is still sitting in their showroom at this time and I doubt they will sell it anytime soon with a 78K tag.
Makes me shake my head at the "absurd stupidity" of their nonsense...guess they like paying flooring costs to have new vehicles sitting around...LOL...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts