Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Shelby just announced plans for a 2019 Shelby GT, which can be ordered supercharged or naturally aspirated. No mention on ford.com of the 2019 GT, GT350, or GT500. Hard to imagine all three of these models being available to compete with each other in one model year. No mention of a GT500 on shelby.com either. Interesting.

Reactions: Iceage

·
Registered
502 Posts
So, Shelby just announced plans for a 2019 Shelby GT, which can be ordered supercharged or naturally aspirated. No mention on ford.com of the 2019 GT, GT350, or GT500. Hard to imagine all three of these models being available to compete with each other in one model year. No mention of a GT500 on shelby.com either. Interesting.
It doesn’t surprise me since the only car Ford will sell in the US next year is the Mustang. Even working on a Hybrid variant of a Mustang. Focus is on trucks and Crossovers now. Even canceled import of. China Focus due to tariffs.

I will get interesting.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Those supercharged (and turbocharged) 5.0 Coyote engines are legends. I know of two guys with Roush Supercharged 5.0's that have been sending home crying to their mommies Hellcat, ZL1, Viper and Vette owners for the last three years.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The prices at Shelby for the 19 are IMO very high given what they do to your GT. I'm not sure I can justify.
The GT does not have:

* the suspension the GT350 has, including the reverse-wound coil springs on one side so that they don't bind against the perch
* the transmission the GT350 has
* the FPC engine that revs to 8250, with power delivery that works really well on corner exits without kicking out the rear
* the two-piece brake rotors that the GT350 has

How much do you think it would cost you to make a GT handle and stop like a GT350? I'll bet you it's greater than the price difference between the two, even after you breathe on the Coyote to pump it north of 500hp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts