Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read all the information I can find regarding the Voodoo and performance modifications but I'm asking those guys that have actually done some of these for their feelings and results. I know that once you cross that magical 100hp/L mark return on investment for natural aspiration is low because everything is already very efficient. What I want to know is... is there an actual improvement? Not what the manufacturers of the aftermarket parts advertise but real improvements. You can't just add a parts advertised 30hp from this and 40hp from that and think you just added 70hp to your car... doesn't work like that on this planet.

If anyone on here has actual experience with any of the available modifications I would like to talk about it on this thread. Let's keep the hyperbole out and stay with what can be proven first hand. For example, the use of back to back (or close, with similar atmospheric conditions and with the same dyno too), track ETs and trap speeds. I'm mean butt dyno is great and all but it's not conclusive and very objective (cause you just unloaded your wallet) Hope I'm not pissing in the wind but I really want to know.

I would rather stay out of the motor but if you guys have gone inside and replaced cams, pistons, connecting rods, porting, etc... I would like to talk about that too.

So, let's talk about your mods: Headers (brand, length, primary size, collector design, final size), Exhaust (pipes, muffler), Intake, Software, Clutch, Flywheel and gears (final) if anyone has changed them.

And yes, I know that forced induction is the hp/$ winner every time. I know there are a few high hp Voodoos on here with FI and I really respect that but I want to stay N/A with this motor.

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT350
33 Posts
I have read all the information I can find regarding the Voodoo and performance modifications but I'm asking those guys that have actually done some of these for their feelings and results. I know that once you cross that magical 100hp/L mark return on investment for natural aspiration is low because everything is already very efficient. What I want to know is... is there an actual improvement? Not what the manufacturers of the aftermarket parts advertise but real improvements. You can't just add a parts advertised 30hp from this and 40hp from that and think you just added 70hp to your car... doesn't work like that on this planet.

If anyone on here has actual experience with any of the available modifications I would like to talk about it on this thread. Let's keep the hyperbole out and stay with what can be proven first hand. For example, the use of back to back (or close, with similar atmospheric conditions and with the same dyno too), track ETs and trap speeds. I'm mean butt dyno is great and all but it's not conclusive and very objective (cause you just unloaded your wallet) Hope I'm not pissing in the wind but I really want to know.

I would rather stay out of the motor but if you guys have gone inside and replaced cams, pistons, connecting rods, porting, etc... I would like to talk about that too.

So, let's talk about your mods: Headers (brand, length, primary size, collector design, final size), Exhaust (pipes, muffler), Intake, Software, Clutch, Flywheel and gears (final) if anyone has changed them.

And yes, I know that forced induction is the hp/$ winner every time. I know there are a few high hp Voodoos on here with FI and I really respect that but I want to stay N/A with this motor.
On all my mustangs that I have owned I always do long tube headers, CAI, high flow cats, 4.09 gears, also Lunds racing tune. Always happy with that setup

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT350
33 Posts

Also pedal max that gives you better throttle response

1 - 3 of 3 Posts