Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I entered her in San Diego annual event "Mustangs by the Bay" and she won the Shelby class :)
Awesome show, over 300 Mustangs at this event, lots of fun seeing all the generations of Mustangs and being able to talk to the owners.
My car drew a lot of attention all day which had me kind of nervous, but she came out unscaved fortunately.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Nice Racer172, and congrats on winning the Shelby class! We did a similar show at Channel Islands Harbor yesterday, lot's of awesome vintage Shelby's there!! Fun times for sure!!

Just noticed the 15 in line (in front of you) with the flag painted tail light panel, interesting look!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's really a great experience.
I didn't expect to win anything, just wanted to be a part of the experience.
I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Congrats. Don't take this the wrong way, but why did your car win? I've often wondered how newer, stock cars win? I know they compete against other new cars, and maybe some minor mods could help. But what makes one new car better than another?

I'm asking as I consider entering my new GT350 into a show this month. Now, my car's paint is perfect. It's got PPF and ceramic coating. I've added SHELBY on the splitter and put on snake center caps and black gorilla lugs. The car is PERFECTLY clean, inside and out. Otherwise, it's stock. So in theory, I could get 100 points, but so could any new car, no?

I'd also bring my Flat Plane Crank desk unit, window sticker and other marketing stuff. That kind of thing adds points. Otherwise, why should they win?

Again, congrats. Don't mean to take away from that.

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Congrats. Don't take this the wrong way, but why did your car win? I've often wondered how newer, stock cars win? I know they compete against other new cars, and maybe some minor mods could help. But what makes one new car better than another?
This was my first car event and I didn't enter with the expectations of winning, I just wanted to participate to learn more and see the 300+ Mustangs.
Here's what I learned: this club gave their judges a sheet to grade on 6 categories; Body & Paint, Trim/bumpers, glass & lights, wheels & tires, engine, interior.
The judge grades each category with a score of 0-5. My car got a perfect score of 30, as it appears your's would as well.
Another '18 GT350 was there with his hood down and windows up and car locked and the owner was not there when his car was judged. In those cases you usually get a 0 for the engine & interior. I was with my car when the judge approached and was able to spend 10 min walking him through some details & mods.
I remove my wheels for cleaning, it was very obvious that a couple of the other GT350 owners do not because their rotors/calipers/hubs were dirty and the lug-nut wells were really dirty. Compare that to yours & mine and you have your answer. 2 of the judges were REALLY impressed when I pointed out that my entire car is wrapped with a clear bra. The resonator delete, oil catch cans, mgw shifter.. I don't think those made any difference, it was how clean/new the entire car looked. Also I left me trunk open all day so people could see my stereo upgrade in the trunk (pic below), I think some of those things give you a little nod. Bottom line; try and be there to talk the judge through..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts