Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many miles does everyone put on their GT350’s a year? Who drives their cars like they stole it or baby’s it?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I’m looking to be in the neighborhood of 10K a year. Maybe slightly under. If stole it (or full on track mode) is a 10 and baby is a 0, I drive mine a solid 6, up to 8...and have done so from day one.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Im on pace for 11K this year, and it is not my work car. I put on 8K in just 5 months .. the other 4 months had been idling due to other issues.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yeah, I kept my second (primary) vehicle which is "supposed" to be my daily driver. Supposed to save me gas ($20 dollar fill up versus $50) too. However, I just enjoy driving it and the stick shift keeps me up during my commute to work and home which is why I got the Mustang over the Tesla. I did get the car two weeks ago though and maybe as I get through the honeymoon phase I'll switch them out. The idea was for me to drive one car one week then the other the next week.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I get up and go fast. I mostly stay close to the speed limit. As far as mileage I am trying not to put too much on it. Maybe 400 a month. I would drive it more but it’s mostly my weekend car.

·
Registered
109 Posts
If no one is in front of me entering the freeway ramp I'm usually doing 90 mph+ by the time I hit the gore point. Probably around 5k for the year. I hate watching that odometer climb.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Daily driver. But I'm retired. 14,000 miles since Sept. 2016.

I don't baby it, but I don't push it hard, either. Still haven't had it to redline. It seems to get everything done before I get there.

I bring joy to the community. Lots of thumbs up!

·
Registered
502 Posts
I’m coming up on a year old in a couple weeks, 3400 miles. I’m retired, but this isn’t my daily driver. How do I drive it? Around my home the County Sheriff keeps me sane, on a track day... as fast as I can! :cool:

·
Registered
165 Posts
I hear ya, I'm just having a hard time not driving the car to work. I understand the whole idea about not adding miles to the car but I sometimes wonder if that's just a mistake itself. Anything can happen to you, break your knee (left) and forced to drive an AT or just RIP and the car was only driven for let's say... 7K miles. Personally, I want to see at least my GT350 with 200K miles with taking redlines like a champ. I don't see the car as an investment but as a tool. A tool that will continue to bring me joy and hopefully last until I pass away or can't drive stick any longer. I suppose, all you can really do is follow the maintenance plans.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is the nicest car I've ever owned. I love driving it. I love detailing it. My last pony I put 186,000 on. But this ones special. And now I can afford to daily drive something else, so...about 300 miles a month. Half the time I just rumble along. But if there's an open road and no blips on the V1 I'm flying.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm guessing I'll drive mine about 1500 miles per year, it has 1200 on it now and its 8 months old. I don't baby it, just ask my former LEO husband. ;-) I just passed the 5,000 mile mark on my 2015 GT PP so I don't put a lot of miles on any of them. Have 83.000 on my 2007 Shelby GT but I bought it used in 2013 with 72,000 on it already.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know what you mean about the milage. I drove 1000 miles since I bought it 1 month ago. I usually don't drive it much but those miles rack up.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Received mine 3 weeks ago. Up to 550 miles now. Adhering to the 1000 mile before exceeding 4K rpm thought. Which, I'm finding extremely hard to do. The car just wants to go. Cruising East Bay Hills of Berkeley and Oakland. Lots of twists, turns and elevation changes. So much fun. Goal is five thousand a year. I don't know how I'm going to achieve that after retirement next year. Already questioning why I'll even bother.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Adhering to the 1000 mile before exceeding 4K rpm thought. Which, I'm finding extremely hard to do.
People keep stating those numbers, but I’ve yet to find them published anywhere in my 350 owners supplement.

“Your vehicle requires a break-in period. Drive your new vehicle at least 100 mi (160 km) before performing extended wide open throttle maneuvers and at least 1,000 mi (1,600 km) before performance or competition conditions.”

And note it says 100 miles before any “extended” WOT, don’t say squat about none at all, and nare a mention of any rpm limit.

·
Registered
73 Posts
People keep stating those numbers, but I’ve yet to find them published anywhere in my 350 owners supplement.

“Your vehicle requires a break-in period. Drive your new vehicle at least 100 mi (160 km) before performing extended wide open throttle maneuvers and at least 1,000 mi (1,600 km) before performance or competition conditions.”

And note it says 100 miles before any “extended” WOT, don’t say squat about none at all, and nare a mention of any rpm limit.
You're right Galaxy, the supplement does say that. I don't know where I heard the 1000/4000 rule first, but I have seen it referenced as a conservative approach here at GT 350.org and at other sites. Here is Road and Track's idea on the matter.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cu...e/videos/a31398/best-way-to-break-in-new-car/

With the Voodoo's high revving engine, I worry about longevity. If taking it easy in the beginning doesn't hurt the engine and may even increase its chances for a longer life, I can wait a few months to stretch her out.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I hear ya, I'm just having a hard time not driving the car to work. I understand the whole idea about not adding miles to the car but I sometimes wonder if that's just a mistake itself. Anything can happen to you, break your knee (left) and forced to drive an AT or just RIP and the car was only driven for let's say... 7K miles. Personally, I want to see at least my GT350 with 200K miles with taking redlines like a champ. I don't see the car as an investment but as a tool. A tool that will continue to bring me joy and hopefully last until I pass away or can't drive stick any longer. I suppose, all you can really do is follow the maintenance plans.
Agreed, I didn't buy this car to baby it and let it rot. I have a car to drive to and from work, but I do take this out nearly every day and cruise nearly every weekend. And like you said, enjoy it while you can because you will never know when things happen.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts