Mustang GT350 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's replaced the crappy 2 piece lugs. I watched a YouTube video saying these Gorilla Automotive 61147CX Factory Style Bulge Chrome 21mm (13/16") Hex Lug Nuts, 4 Pack will work with the GT350, but I don't think they will work with the GT350R.

Has anyone tried these?

I was hoping to not spend $300+ on the MGW lugs.

thanks!!

meterman

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they actually don't - when you try and use the 350 lugs on the R, when you get to your torque spec, the stud has pushed the cap off - studs are longer all the way around -
That's what I thought. I remember reading somewhere that the R studs are longer. Still need a resolution to get these crappy lugs off my car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I called Gorilla Lugs customer support and they say these will work on the GT350R

Gorilla Automotive 61147CX Factory Style Bulge Chrome 21mm (13/16") Hex Lug Nuts, 4 Pack

Does anyone have any experience with them?

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's what I thought. I remember reading somewhere that the R studs are longer. Still need a resolution to get these crappy lugs off my car.
I fubared one of my factory lugs when I took the wheels off for cleaning. Had to hammer a 21mm 6 point socket on to get the lug nut off.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought aftermarket wheels, SVE R350, and these are the lugs I use on both these track wheels and stock wheels. These lugs work for both. Stock lugs are shit, please replace them as one of the first things you do. I also have found far less loosening of the these lugs during track events.

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-W55014SB/2015-Mustang-Spline-Lug-Nuts-Black
Thanks but they will NOT work, it says on the website "Will Not fit Shelbey GT350r's" and YES they did spell Shelby "Shelbey" duh.

I assume they fit the GT350 just fine, but not the R model.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks but they will NOT work, it says on the website "Will Not fit Shelbey GT350r's" and YES they did spell Shelby "Shelbey" duh.

I assume they fit the GT350 just fine, but not the R model.
Ooops, sorry, an oversight on the request for R studs. Why not go with open end lugs? At least why not if planning on using for track wheels. Not sure what to do with stock wheels with closed ends and nice look.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ooops, sorry, an oversight on the request for R studs. Why not go with open end lugs? At least why not if planning on using for track wheels. Not sure what to do with stock wheels with closed ends and nice look.
No worries, as I posted earlier in this thread Gorilla makes some identical to the stock lugs. I just wondered if anyone used any other lugs on the R.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have been removing my wheels, which use those ‘crappy’ 2 piece lugs once a month (to clean wheels) for the last 2+ years. If you use the proper tools, Not Impacts, the lugs hold up just fine. I track the car and double check torque regularly. I have never fractured a casing on any lug? :confused:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts