GT350.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a problem looking for a 2018 Race red GT350 with the convience package. All the ones I have looked at (brand new) have the wiper ding already installed.

Does anyone know if the dings can be repaired without being noticeable?

Also looking at a 2017 triple yellow ( used 300 miles on it) with the wiper dinged installed as well.

·
Registered
179 Posts
It is only paint, the dings can be touched up to the point you would need a magnifier to tell.
I am guessing 80% of the GT350's have, or will have soon, this mark of a clean windshield.
If you are going to avoid acquiring a car because of this issue, you should probably walk away from the GT350's and look for something different.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. It’s 61k car. I expect especially a new one that dealers know of his and not cause this. All the dealerships I have visited didn’t even know it was a problem until I pointed it out to them.

I used one I understand but a brand new one. Unacceptable

·
Registered
502 Posts
No. It’s 61k car. I expect especially a new one that dealers know of his and not cause this. All the dealerships I have visited didn’t even know it was a problem until I pointed it out to them.

Dude, that paint chip is minor to the other body build issue’s that are potential with this car. I recommend reading posts on this and other sites about fender/hood alignment issues, sagging bumpers and areas of missing paint. The only guarantee with this car is your buying an animal under the hood that will always put a smile on your face. Good luck finding a dealer that knows anything about this car, don’t trust their abitlity to install the splitter properly (techs like to leave out half the screws? Like mine!). :cool:

·
Registered
757 Posts
JT is correct in his assessment but I do agree you shouldn't have to accept a new car with a hood chip. What I did was head out to my dealer the day my GT350 arrived and not let anyone touch it. No wiper ding here. Having said that, such a small ding (in relation to the entire experience of this GT350) is nothing I'd get upset about...can be easily repaired...

·
Registered
249 Posts
I got very lucky. The 2016 I bought didn't have it. And when they located a 2017 with convenience pkg. I traded for and went and got it I just knew it would have it. But low and behold it was ok also.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Very back edge of the hood on the left side right in front of wiper arm. If you gently raise up on wiper arm it strikes the edge of hood. Some fools when it touches the hood pull up on it more and it scrapes some of the paint off edge of hood there. In the owners supplement it mentions not to pull up on drivers side wiper arm.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I searched for wiper blade ding and only this post came up. Can you elaborate on where this ding is / comes from? This is on the hood?
The ding comes from someone trying to lift the driver side wiper blade up, as in to clean the windshield, and it comes into (hard) contact with the edge of the hood. Happy to report mine is ding-free.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Very back edge of the hood on the left side right in front of wiper arm. If you gently raise up on wiper arm it strikes the edge of hood. Some fools when it touches the hood pull up on it more and it scrapes some of the paint off edge of hood there. In the owners supplement it mentions not to pull up on drivers side wiper arm.
You're right about the "fools" part. Course the idiots that do it aren't the ones paying for the car.

·
Registered
229 Posts

I agree. For me any ding would be unacceptable, especially on a car like this.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Funny part is if you are paying attention and careful you can clean/dry under the drivers wiper blade by lifting just a short ways, don't need to have it all the way up. However if that's your preference , then just turn on the ignition, then wipers, and turn it off when they are in their upper sweep area...but not really necessary.

·
Registered
229 Posts
And just think, this an issue for ALL Mustangs...seems dealer detail technicians would realize this by now?
I think it's an issue of not caring rather than not realizing. Or maybe I'm just cynical about dealerships.

Reactions: HotLap

·
Registered
109 Posts
Dude, that paint chip is minor to the other body build issue’s that are potential with this car. I recommend reading posts on this and other sites about fender/hood alignment issues, sagging bumpers and areas of missing paint. The only guarantee with this car is your buying an animal under the hood that will always put a smile on your face. Good luck finding a dealer that knows anything about this car, don’t trust their abitlity to install the splitter properly (techs like to leave out half the screws? Like mine!). :cool:
I lucked out. The dealer I chose has a certified Shelby tech. One of the first things they checked was my splitter. My cosmetics are pretty good. No ding and aligned fairly well. I just have a couple of hidden (luckily) spots where they didn't shoot enough paint. Triple black nightmare. This new softer paint is frustrating. Loving my convienince package. For any ding repairs I have my touch up pen. I put some of the paint onto a piece of cardboard, never use the pen directly. I can then use a toothpick and tiny tipped paint brush to feather it in without a glop of paint. Once it's dry I go over it with my black colored wax from Chemical Guys. Good luck.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Never noticed it, but after hearing comments, I’ll put a small piece of clear bra material on appropriate section of hood to protect. Thanks to all for pointing it out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts