Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone gone to a light weight lithium battery? I am considering the Aantigravity ATX20 or the Braille G30. Both are drop in good to go. Looking for opinions on performance of either one.

I am trying to save weight for the track, and it seems like a straight forward 30 lb weight loss, and moves the weight distribution further back. I have some other weight saving mods coming up, but the battery is a simple one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you primary goal is losing weight than you are correct -- it's straight forward.

If weight is NOT a concern there is never a better alternative to the OEM factory batteries. This goes for any marque. They are heavier than all aftermarket batteries, but there is a reason -- amount of lead and how well and how long they work. I've seen too many folks install auto parts store batteries (including Interstate) only to get a year or two from them. Then one needs to make certain diagnostics is aware of the new battery so it regulates properly. My BMW battery lasted 8 years and a Porsche battery 7 years without any issues on cars newer than 2010. Yes they are heavier -- but they also are of higher quality.

Haters hate -- but go and weigh an Interstate against an OEM sometime. It's all pretty obvious.

Again -- if you're looking for the lightest solutions you are looking for different requirements to reliability. Some of these new batteries are pretty damn trick.

·
Registered
2019 GT350
22 Posts
BierGut
I can confirm this. I thought I was upgrading from my OEM battery to a yellow top from the Auto Parts Store for my 07. I got 2 years out of it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you primary goal is losing weight than you are correct -- it's straight forward.

If weight is NOT a concern there is never a better alternative to the OEM factory batteries. This goes for any marque. They are heavier than all aftermarket batteries, but there is a reason -- amount of lead and how well and how long they work. I've seen too many folks install auto parts store batteries (including Interstate) only to get a year or two from them. Then one needs to make certain diagnostics is aware of the new battery so it regulates properly. My BMW battery lasted 8 years and a Porsche battery 7 years without any issues on cars newer than 2010. Yes they are heavier -- but they also are of higher quality.

Haters hate -- but go and weigh an Interstate against an OEM sometime. It's all pretty obvious.

Again -- if you're looking for the lightest solutions you are looking for different requirements to reliability. Some of these new batteries are pretty damn trick.
Its interesting that you say that, because I have found Motorcraft OEM batteries to be absolute junk in my '14 Raptor and '17 Explorer. Put a yellow top into the Explorer and its been solid. Raptor will need a new battery again, because the OEM can't crank for crap in colder weather.

Reactions: WItoTX

·
Registered
22 Posts
Has anyone gone to a light weight lithium battery? I am considering the Aantigravity ATX20 or the Braille G30. Both are drop in good to go. Looking for opinions on performance of either one.

I am trying to save weight for the track, and it seems like a straight forward 30 lb weight loss, and moves the weight distribution further back. I have some other weight saving mods coming up, but the battery is a simple one.
Yeah, I could certainly part with 30-40 lbs but cold beers taste way too good in this Phoenix summer heat. Guess I’ll have to wait until winter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts