Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 GT350 that has phenominal brakes. I've driven everything from Ferrari's to Porsche's and my GT350's brakes have a super high initial bite that I don't prefer. Any suggestions as to a pad setup that has much less initial bite and will be compatible with the stock rotors?
This car won't ever be tracked, just a street car.
Suggestions from first hand experience please.
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have a 2020 GT350 that has phenominal brakes. I've driven everything from Ferrari's to Porsche's and my GT350's brakes have a super high initial bite that I don't prefer. Any suggestions as to a pad setup that has much less initial bite and will be compatible with the stock rotors?
Thanks for the help
Consider Power Stop Z26 Extreme Street Performance Carbon-Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads if not tracking. Less bite and you'll be amazed at the lack of dust.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the help
Reach out to the team at G-LOC brakes. They can suggest pads for the driving style and feel you want.

·
Registered
39 Posts
When you change your brake pads, try these, All the track attack cars, both gt 350 and GT 500 use them. You get rid or the bolts holding the calipers on and use a stud. Take a look at it.
Caliperfexion.net

Toby

716 525-7584

1962 Swan Rd

Ransomville

Stud kit for front brakes

4340 CT10

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thought you guys might want an update to my brake situation. Decided on the Hawk 5.0 pads. Thank you all for your suggestions, I investigated them all. I had my dealer install the new pads today to avoid any warranty issue and the old pads were surprisingly destroyed - see pic below. My car has never been beat on or tracked, or even run hard. All four rotors are perfect. 2800 miles, so mileage isn't an issue. You would think that a track car would have more robust brake pads. As an FYI if you have the stock pads you might want to have a look at them. My rears looked perfect.
By the way, the new Hawks are a dramatic improvement.
View attachment 14736

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts