Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed car had coolant smell found 1 small drip in garage dropped car off at dealer 2 weeks ago with mileage at 908 was told the cylinder left cylinder head is leaking coolant externally, purchased car 10/16/2018 so technically not even had it for a month purchased car with only 5 miles. What do I do, dealer told me they are waiting for fords response on what’s next I don’t want the car if they are going to tear the engine apart, can they just locate me a another new one ? I need help, has anyone else had any head gasket failures at low low miles ?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Unfortunately, it’s yours. And depending on if you’re a glass half full or half empty kinda guy...you don’t have to worry about them tearing that engine apart. If that’s in fact what it is, you’ll get a whole new engine. Dealers are prohibited from tearing into this motor. I don’t think you have a case for a lemon and a buy back just yet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
There is a fine line dependent on each dealer. Buy Back will not apply at all. Cylinder head replacement will be a Ford Decision, They may MAY say just to do one side, but highly unlikely unless they changed the workshop manual. Those usual will get an Engine. But be prepared to have your vehicle down for quite some time. Each dealer is different but of course you should receive a rental and it is up to the GM of the dealer to see if they will be covering the cost of monthly payments and any other inconvenience.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also the front bumper has areas by grill that the paint is misted and the rear bumper has been repainted twice, doesn’t all this effect cars valve

·
Registered
28 Posts
Also the front bumper has areas by grill that the paint is misted and the rear bumper has been repainted twice, doesn’t all this effect cars valve
Yes. (You didn't inspect the car when the dealershipnew delivered/handed it over to you?)

Tim

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes. (You didn't inspect the car when the dealershipnew delivered/handed it over to you?)

Tim
That should have read:

Yes. (You didn't inspect the car when the dealership delivered/handed over the new car to you?)

Tim

·
Registered
502 Posts
If the rear bumper has been repainted, was it disclosed in the deal when you bought the car? This is a dealership push back item (not a factory issue) and legally in many states they Must inform you of this type of repair. Good luck, the engine is standard warranty repair. Check your state, most put a 30 day limit on warranty repair time before buy back.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congrats! So, getting another one or did the ordeal scare you away?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Found a new 2018 GT350R lightning blue with the tech package, can’t wait to break it in so I can really drive this one

1 - 10 of 10 Posts