Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just like the title says, I'm curious are most gt350 owners doing say a JLT intake, Nguage with lund tune on 93 octane?
I know the real gains would be with the E85, however I don't have access to a station.
So curious if people have this set up with just intake and tune and 93, I'm wondering if you felt a difference? Mainly down low in the Rpm's under the 4k sweet spot.
Any info people can share on this topic would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Eric B.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Intakes and tunes usually squeeze extra efficiency at the top end. You rarely get a bunch of low end torque out of that. The most gains I have seen are around 30 hp and you would not really feel that. You might see it at a dragstrip in slightly lower times or on laptimes, but I don't think you would feel a 7% increase. People say they can tell, but I would bet a lot of money they couldn't in a blind test. Most people can "feel" a difference they paid for, whether they really can or not. Justifies the expense. Just drive it with the revs above 3,500 and you will have all the power you need!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Intakes and tunes usually squeeze extra efficiency at the top end. You rarely get a bunch of low end torque out of that. The most gains I have seen are around 30 hp and you would not really feel that. You might see it at a dragstrip in slightly lower times or on laptimes, but I don't think you would feel a 7% increase. People say they can tell, but I would bet a lot of money they couldn't in a blind test. Most people can "feel" a difference they paid for, whether they really can or not. Justifies the expense. Just drive it with the revs above 3,500 and you will have all the power you need!
Your absolutely right and this is 100 percent how I intend to drive it. I think this car is excellent, pure blast and joy to drive. I ask about the tune though cause as great as the car is, if something makes it even better then I'm all for it. So I'm really curious to the people who might have done a tune on these cars or tune and intake. Would love to know some hard facts of these mods and if they warrant being done.
Thanks for your reply man.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts