Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!
After cruising this forum for some time, I finally decided to join up. My story on how I got to owning a GT350 can be seen in my about section, but I will post it here too.

I was not a car guy originally... I was into trucks, moto, mountain biking, away from pavement stuff. When I met my wife, I quickly discovered she and her family were hard core Ford people. Up until a couple years ago, she had only ever owned Mustangs. Her dad has a '66 Mustang Sprint Edition and a '67 Cougar XR7 with a 5.0 swap. I was swayed. My wife's first car was a 1991 5.0 Mustang, then a 2004 Anniversary Edition, 2006 Mustang, and then a 2014 Roush RS. When the GT350 came out, we knew we had to have one! I always wanted a Mustang of my own, but ended up getting a Fiesta ST for the time being as my wife had her '14 Roush. Finally in 2020 we found our car in Phoenix, a 2020 Grabber Lime GT350 with Recaro seats and technology package.

A little more elaboration on my story...

My wife and her family are the reason I've gotten into cars. Before, I thought Mustangs were cool, but never really considered getting one, I was more drawn to Japanese cars. As noted above, my wife had her 2014 Roush RS, and since I wanted my own mustang, I was on the hunt. Since the GT350 came out, we knew we had to have one. All the research I did, its driving prowess, that voodoo engine, it was going to happen. At the time, as we all know, they were either difficult to find in the spec we wanted, or were so overly marked up, we weren't going to waste our time until we found what we wanted. Price was another huge thing. We love cars, but we are average people. Paying over sticker is something we don't do. I had dabbled with the Focus ST and Fiesta ST, and enjoyed driving those cars. I decided to get the Fiesta purely for its handling characteristics. It didn't stay stock for long. I went full bolt ons and that satisfied me for a while. It was a good decision at the time as my daily/kid hauler, very efficient and fun, even tuned. I also took it for jaunts up snow covered roads, that thing was a blast in the summer and winter! But the thought of owning a 350 still was itching and the Fiesta's measly 1.6 was bumming me out on open roads. My wife began the hunt. She found our car, decided to let her Roush go, and we made the trip to Phoenix in October of 2020. We decided to drive the car back. I took this as a good opportunity to do a proper break in as it was about a 400 mile trip. That took up about half of the break in miles. It was hard to not let her rip on the way back and for the remaining miles, but I wanted to treat her right. Until getting our car, I had only sat in a 350 once. I did get to drive it for quick jaunt, so knowing what our car was capable of, the anticipation was killing us. After crossing that 1k mark, is when the real fun began. My wife was not impressed with the stock 350 exhaust vs. her Roush, so a Corsa double helix X pipe was soon put in place. A set of Ford Performance catch cans were soon added along with a FP Air Aid filter. And that is where we are today. Every time I go into the garage I have to stare at it!

Im excited to be a part of this group, sorry for the long story!

Tire Smile Car Vehicle Shorts

The day we picked her up!
Sky Tire Mountain Vehicle Car

The drive home, had to stop to get some beauty shots.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Taking a break and getting some refreshments on the way home.

Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Finally made it home... covered in bugs!

Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Me and my girlie about to do the first mod! She loves riding in "The Green Car".

·
Registered
2020 GT350 Race Red/White Stripes- Handling and tech packages, Recaros, Carbon Fiber IP
105 Posts
Great story. Beautiful car and family. Enjoy!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey all!
After cruising this forum for some time, I finally decided to join up. My story on how I got to owning a GT350 can be seen in my about section, but I will post it here too.

I was not a car guy originally... I was into trucks, moto, mountain biking, away from pavement stuff. When I met my wife, I quickly discovered she and her family were hard core Ford people. Up until a couple years ago, she had only ever owned Mustangs. Her dad has a '66 Mustang Sprint Edition and a '67 Cougar XR7 with a 5.0 swap. I was swayed. My wife's first car was a 1991 5.0 Mustang, then a 2004 Anniversary Edition, 2006 Mustang, and then a 2014 Roush RS. When the GT350 came out, we knew we had to have one! I always wanted a Mustang of my own, but ended up getting a Fiesta ST for the time being as my wife had her '14 Roush. Finally in 2020 we found our car in Phoenix, a 2020 Grabber Lime GT350 with Recaro seats and technology package.

A little more elaboration on my story...

My wife and her family are the reason I've gotten into cars. Before, I thought Mustangs were cool, but never really considered getting one, I was more drawn to Japanese cars. As noted above, my wife had her 2014 Roush RS, and since I wanted my own mustang, I was on the hunt. Since the GT350 came out, we knew we had to have one. All the research I did, its driving prowess, that voodoo engine, it was going to happen. At the time, as we all know, they were either difficult to find in the spec we wanted, or were so overly marked up, we weren't going to waste our time until we found what we wanted. Price was another huge thing. We love cars, but we are average people. Paying over sticker is something we don't do. I had dabbled with the Focus ST and Fiesta ST, and enjoyed driving those cars. I decided to get the Fiesta purely for its handling characteristics. It didn't stay stock for long. I went full bolt ons and that satisfied me for a while. It was a good decision at the time as my daily/kid hauler, very efficient and fun, even tuned. I also took it for jaunts up snow covered roads, that thing was a blast in the summer and winter! But the thought of owning a 350 still was itching and the Fiesta's measly 1.6 was bumming me out on open roads. My wife began the hunt. She found our car, decided to let her Roush go, and we made the trip to Phoenix in October of 2020. We decided to drive the car back. I took this as a good opportunity to do a proper break in as it was about a 400 mile trip. That took up about half of the break in miles. It was hard to not let her rip on the way back and for the remaining miles, but I wanted to treat her right. Until getting our car, I had only sat in a 350 once. I did get to drive it for quick jaunt, so knowing what our car was capable of, the anticipation was killing us. After crossing that 1k mark, is when the real fun began. My wife was not impressed with the stock 350 exhaust vs. her Roush, so a Corsa double helix X pipe was soon put in place. A set of Ford Performance catch cans were soon added along with a FP Air Aid filter. And that is where we are today. Every time I go into the garage I have to stare at it!

Im excited to be a part of this group, sorry for the long story!

View attachment 13898
The day we picked her up!
View attachment 13899
The drive home, had to stop to get some beauty shots.

View attachment 13900
Taking a break and getting some refreshments on the way home.

View attachment 13901
Finally made it home... covered in bugs!

View attachment 13902
Me and my girlie about to do the first mod! She loves riding in "The Green Car".
Love it! Welcome :)

Where did you get the cobra to light up on the ground like that?

·
Registered
2020 GT350 Race Red/White Stripes- Handling and tech packages, Recaros, Carbon Fiber IP
105 Posts
Including my 2017?! Can that be turned on/off, because mine doesn't do it...

When I got the GT350, I was disappointed it didn't do that like the other Mustangs...
Yeah it's not in every year. I think you can buy the newer side mirrors.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn't even know it had projection mirrors until just before we took that picture, I was stoked. It's a nice touch and I like it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I didn't even know it had projection mirrors until just before we took that picture, I was stoked. It's a nice touch and I like it.
Ditto. Closed the door one night and was alarmed to see something bright at my feet. WTF?? 😄

1 - 13 of 13 Posts