Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in possibly purchasing a 2016 - 2019 Ford Shelby GT350, but during my search I have noticed numerous listings with 3 or more previous owners with very low miles. Such makes me wonder if these vehicles are enjoyable/comfortable to drive on the streets during moderate to heavy traffic situations due to manual transmission. I am not planning on using this type of vehicle as a daily driver, most likely will put a max of 4k miles per year on it. Thanks ahead of time for your time to reply.

·
Registered
2019 GT350 Shadow Black/White Stripes
110 Posts
Such makes me wonder if these vehicles are enjoyable/comfortable to drive on the streets during moderate to heavy traffic situations due to manual transmission.
Simple answer, no. This car wants to take off when you engage the clutch, so sitting in heavy traffic can be tiresome. I usually wait for the car in front to get some distance before starting to move, otherwise I'll be up their bumper in a flash.
But it's when you're not in traffic that this car is exhilarating. Nothing like winding through a curvy road with the exhaust fully open, keeping it in 3rd or 4th gear, and in the 6k-7k rpm range. The power and sound is the greatest rush ever.
Just watch this video, and tell me you don't get a rush just listening and watching the car go through it's paces.

·
Registered
45 Posts
First, I don’t think it is as simple of as question as you pose because everyone is different (physical size, driving style, comfort preferenc, etc…).

remember, these are track (race) cars, not commuter cars; they yearn for hairpin curves, hard braking and hard acceleration.

are you talking LA/NYC traffic or typical morning commute side street stuff?

seat choice plays in too; I went with the heated/cooled seats (a little hot in Phoenix) not the recaros. You’ll find all sorts of opinions on these two choices.

changing tires from stock to a more street friendly option and getting an alignment that is also for street, not track, will significantly changed ride quality.

Any dealers in your area have any used? Go test drive one.

when I drive mine I throughly enjoy it..Ak

·
Registered
2 Posts
I find that my 2019 rides very nice, even on long runs. I also have the heated/cooled seats, but you're right, it all depends on the individual and how the car is setup i.e. tires, suspension etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have only had mine for a few months but it's my daily driver. Errands, groceries, pick up/drop off kids at school. I drive it to work every day. It's probably the most comfortable vehicle I've owned. But, I haven't owned very many vehicles that others would find comfortable. I drive from Memphis to Pensacola and back at least once a month. That can be a little hard on the back-side no matter which vehicle I'm in, but no more or less than the GT350.

Is it enjoyable to daily drive? Hell yeah!!!

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
I am interested in possibly purchasing a 2016 - 2019 Ford Shelby GT350, but during my search I have noticed numerous listings with 3 or more previous owners with very low miles. Such makes me wonder if these vehicles are enjoyable/comfortable to drive on the streets during moderate to heavy traffic situations due to manual transmission. I am not planning on using this type of vehicle as a daily driver, most likely will put a max of 4k miles per year on it. Thanks ahead of time for your time to reply.
So with my 2020 GT350 I was second owner. I know the first traded mine for a Heritage Edition. I sold mine because as much as I enjoyed the car my 2014 GT500 is the love of my car life. The ‘20 was a super car and enjoyed every minute in it. As far the clutch thing it has a super easy clutch so I am not sure why the complaints. If you are looking for a raw beastly muscle car the ‘14 GT500 is the ticket. If you want a performance sports car the GT350 is the perfect fit. If it has the optional adjustable heated seats they are quite comfy. I don’t mind the Recaros but some people do not care for them. One last thing, if you have Sport Cup 2’s on them the tramaling is quite noticeable especially in Washington State where we have ruts on our freeways. It’s not a show stopper because on the track it tracks straight and true.

·
Registered
11 Posts
100% Enjoyable
100% Comfortable
100% Easy to use Manual Transmission

I daily mine in Miami traffic. I have 26k miles on it. And I enjoy every minute.

You will not regret your purchase. What price range are you willing to spend?

·
Registered
2017 GT350
16 Posts
I have recaros in mine and for everyday driving I can go about an hour before I have to get out and stretch because the seats aren’t comfortable to me. Now when I drive the car like it’s meant to be driven the seats are comfortable because they’re doing their job holding me in place.

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT350
33 Posts
My past 3 mustangs I only able to put 3,000 miles on each of them. That is do to health issues the recaro seats are not the most comfortable for long drives. But my last mustang was 2019 Bullitt with Recaro seats. I was comfortable and comfortable in the GT350. I like the Recaro seats for keeping you in place on the twist and turns.
The other low mileage problem is that they are worried about resale. Some guys I know put a limit on how much they can drive each summer lol. They are scared of the rain and these are guys with a regular mustang gt. It's made to be driven and not to be bragging about how low your mileage is and its never been in the rain.

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT350
33 Posts
100% Enjoyable
100% Comfortable
100% Easy to use Manual Transmission

I daily mine in Miami traffic. I have 26k miles on it. And I enjoy every minute.

You will not regret your purchase. What price range are you willing to spend?
I enjoy the guy's who brag how low their miles are on their stock mustang gt. Plus bragging it's never been in the rain. How do you even prove that to a buyer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have had my 2017 for three summers now. It is a track car mostly, but one has to drive it around town to satisfy the need for the beautiful engine noise between events! If you find one with the premium package, it will be easier on your back and backside during long tours. I used to drive mine 5+ hours to and from track events and it was taxing on the back. Otherwise, the car is actually pretty easy to drive. if you are in traffic, starting off in second gear mitigates the "lurch" others have mentioned. Many of the cars I have seen with multiple owners have been the Recaro fitted models. The casual user won't like the Recaro's and if you are a bit wide down south, it might not be comfortable. Overall, I'd never recommend NOT picking one up if you can. Its an amazing vehicle to drive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought my 2017 new with the comfort package (Heated/Ventilation seats), I wouldn't own black interior in Florida without the ventilated seats. I'm retired and own 3 cars so it doesn't get much annual milage. I find it very comfortable on long and short trips. I added a under seat sub woofer to compliment the nice stereo.
I am considering selling it now after 5 yrs only because of limited garage space and a desire to build another car (I have 69 Mustang restomod, 52 yrs in the family)
If your interested pm me.
Ruby Red 19,800 miles.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I had a '16 model 350 and now a '20R, both with Recaro's and have never thought of either as being "comfortable", because the ride is not the smoothest and not designed to be. I drove my R on an hour and half drive on back country roads last weekend and didn't feel it to be uncomfortable at all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes its comfortable. Yes its a blast. Yes it will scream in your ear and demand you rev it past 8k. Had mine for almost 4 years with 45k miles and still love driving it every day. Comfort seats are very nice, and after a 19hr nonstop road trip I just kept driving because I still didn't wanna get out of the car. Drove with the track pack recaro seats on track and they were very nice but for a daily they might be a bit much (even Jay Leno agrees and replaced his). Driven stick every day for almost 20 years and this is one of the smoothest; I dont know what everyone else is talking about with the lurching in 1st gear, I've never had issues like that and I used to drive through bumper to bumper traffic everyday. Clutch is very soft, almost too soft, and a little numb, but you get used to it. Tramlining can be a little bit of an issue, but thats kinda what you get when you put such big tires up front.
Most of the people I've seen sell these are people motivated more by money than fun and taking advantage of the market. Me, I plan on keeping it forever no matter how much its worth when the world goes green.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes its comfortable. Yes its a blast. Yes it will scream in your ear and demand you rev it past 8k. Had mine for almost 4 years with 45k miles and still love driving it every day. Comfort seats are very nice, and after a 19hr nonstop road trip I just kept driving because I still didn't wanna get out of the car. Drove with the track pack recaro seats on track and they were very nice but for a daily they might be a bit much (even Jay Leno agrees and replaced his). Driven stick every day for almost 20 years and this is one of the smoothest; I dont know what everyone else is talking about with the lurching in 1st gear, I've never had issues like that and I used to drive through bumper to bumper traffic everyday. Clutch is very soft, almost too soft, and a little numb, but you get used to it. Tramlining can be a little bit of an issue, but thats kinda what you get when you put such big tires up front.
Most of the people I've seen sell these are people motivated more by money than fun and taking advantage of the market. Me, I plan on keeping it forever no matter how much its worth when the world goes green.
“19hr nonstop” makes me wonder how you refueled and went pee😂

1 - 20 of 28 Posts