Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
A GT350R, seems like a good deal, assuming it's never been tracked, or had a replacement engine. Be sure to look up all the records on it first.
What does it being tracked have to do with it?? They built these cars for the track, not garage queens to drive around town and show off at your nearest C&C. I’m sorry, I couldn’t help myself on this nonsense.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What does it being tracked have to do with it?? They built these cars for the track, not garage queens to drive around town and show off at your nearest C&C. I’m sorry, I couldn’t help myself on this nonsense.
Tracking has a lot to do with these cars! I personally know several that were not broken in properly and now burn oil like gasoline. One guy is on his 3rdmotor! Yes, they were built for the track, BUT you need to do the break in. Generally, track run cars are run harder than most especially if the driver has any experience.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Tracking has a lot to do with these cars! I personally know several that were not broken in properly and now burn oil like gasoline. One guy is on his 3rdmotor! Yes, they were built for the track, BUT you need to do the break in. Generally, track run cars are run harder than most especially if the driver has any experience.
Interesting comment... I fully agree about the break in and not just behaving for the 1000 miles, but also varying RPM under 4k constantly matters. I'm not sure using cruise control at 70mph on a highway just to log those 1000 miles is necessarily a good idea either. However -- if the car HAS been broken in correctly, I don't think track is always a deal breaker. My car which sees track (25 year instructor) and is used up to 8000 RPM does NOT use a DROP of oil. I have actually been very surprised as I've owned a number of LS engines that I had to add oil to for track work. I also change the oil and diff fluid following every track weekend which I feel is important. (I know it won't suffer for it -- just my wallet)

Like any car -- really looking at the condition inside and out, having access to the records and service -- even being lucky enough to be able to speak with the original owner all play a part in getting the right GT350 -- deferred maintenance is a killer with all automobiles, not just the GT350.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts