Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was on a highway drive cruising around 75mph. The charging system service light was intermittently coming on. I was watching the voltage gauge and it was holding at 14.3 14.4v. Car was driving fine. If anyone has experienced this please let me know what you have found. Thank you!!

·
Registered
2019 GT350 Shadow Black/White Stripes
121 Posts
I'm betting it's the battery. My 2019's battery just died 2 months ago. No service light, but there was a weak startup, even after driving for 30 minutes. Then next try, nothing.
As for voltage, when I first start the car, it reads in the 14.5v range. But once I'm steadily cruising, my voltage gauge drops to the 12.5V range. So, if your reading in the 14's, it means the system is trying to charge a battery, but it's not taking a charge.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm betting it's the battery. My 2019's battery just died 2 months ago. No service light, but there was a weak startup, even after driving for 30 minutes. Then next try, nothing.
As for voltage, when I first start the car, it reads in the 14.5v range. But once I'm steadily cruising, my voltage gauge drops to the 12.5V range. So, if your reading in the 14's, it means the system is trying to charge a battery, but it's not taking a charge.
Good info.. this morning the car started right up and after a few minutes voltage dropped and held around 13.4v. I'll just replace battery and go from there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts