Mustang GT350 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW, just home from a trip in the GT350. I found myself all alone in a long freeway on ramp with sound walls on both sides. Been taking it easy during break in period (have approx. 700 miles so far) and decided to see what 7K rpm's felt like...WOW, still smiling, this thing is a "striped ass ape" above 5K at WOT...wow, just amazing, amazing, amazing :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
I had my car on a dyno. There were so many people trying to get a video of it haha! I couldn't believe how loud it was! I was grinning from ear to ear!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice, such a badass car, can't wait to get that first oil change and go open up that FPC!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
first time above 5000 rpms and your gunning it .... the motor has a lot of pull ...... definitly will put a smile on your face when you do it the first time

don

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had it done at Performance HQ, in San Antonio. They were having dyno pulls for $50.00 that day.
Nice, have you posted your results yet? As Texas Voodoo would say..."pics or it didn't happen" :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
My apologies, I thought I posted them before, HotLap. I had posted them somewhere else because I questioned the HPs. It seemed a little low, considering I had it tuned. I sent the datalog in and they couldn't find anything wrong. they assumed it was probably the gas quality. I have not dynoed since I changed gas stations, but I have noticed a different response out of the car. IMAG0907.jpg IMAG0909.jpg

·
Registered
61 Posts
Take your 350 to a road course. Lap it. Watkins Glen, Daytona, Indy, etc. When this mill is running between 5 and 8 K, it makes some real sweet music. Go to a track.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
DTorres, thanks for posting your numbers. Curious which brand (fuel) did you switch to> I use UnoCal 91 octane (mostly out of habit), may try others based on your input - thx!

·
Registered
178 Posts
HotLap, I switched to SHELL. I filled up today, and I even seem to be getting a little more out of my tank. Averaging 220 on a tank. That is about what I got on my Roush 427R!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts