Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm considering selling the daily driver and converting the GT350 as the DD. I would be adding 200 miles additional every week to the car. Does not include my weekend trips to the movies and etc. Just was wondering if we had any 100K or more drivers. The car is just too much fun.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I daily drive mine NoXiDe, about the same amount as txjbw11. I spoke with an individual on instagram and he got 22,000 miles out of the tires including "3 big burnouts". I was pleasantly surprised with that tire life, so maybe that helps your decision on adding the miles.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I daily drive mine NoXiDe, about the same amount as txjbw11. I spoke with an individual on instagram and he got 22,000 miles out of the tires including "3 big burnouts". I was pleasantly surprised with that tire life, so maybe that helps your decision on adding the miles.
On my other vehicle with only 201hp, I only got 15K out of my PSS. 22K is respectable. I don't go past 3/32s though on any of my cars either. I'd love to see 200K+ miles on it. I do believe the car needs to be driven like you stole it.

Yup, DD here as well. My gas mileage is a joke with LA traffic. But, it makes for a fun time :)
I can manage to get 16.9-17.2 with a couple pulls to 8K from first gear. I have to fill up every four days but that's fine as I work from home twice a week.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I cant resist driving this beast..since April 2018 I put 12K on it already :(
When I bought it in April it had only 6K. I try not to use it much but it hard not to drive it. My work is 50km one side, I drive it to work at least 2 to 3 times a week. Plus I put 4K on 1 week road trip from Toronto to PEI.

What happens when it crosses 100K? 200K?

·
Registered
502 Posts
I cant resist driving this beast..since April 2018 I put 12K on it already :(
When I bought it in April it had only 6K. I try not to use it much but it hard not to drive it. My work is 50km one side, I drive it to work at least 2 to 3 times a week. Plus I put 4K on 1 week road trip from Toronto to PEI.

What happens when it crosses 100K? 200K?
Digital Odometers continue most way past 2-300,000. Are you talking miles or Kilometers on your speedo? Miles... wow.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 2017 is at 20k. 10 track days. My plan is to pass it to my son when it hits 150k. I drive the hell out of it. Best thing I ever owned. Raced an M6 last night down a 2 lane on ramp. Super fun, but I think he was disappointed when I pulled away (with a way better sound echoing off the walls) from his 150k German car.

·
Registered
54 Posts
No car get's good mileage sitting in traffic! Well, no gas powered car atleast! I average in the 18s. Luckily my commute is mostly highway. I do great until its time to climb a hill.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine is not supposed to be my daily driver but every morning I find myself driving 20 miles to work in the Shelby. I love this car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Daily Driven 930HP Whipple GT350

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm on the other side of the fence, not using her as a daily driver cause I want to keep the miles down, value up and keeping her mint as long as possible.
I am driving her though, have 1,300m since I bough her 8 months ago, and I do play hard with her.

·
Registered
14 Posts
what is your gas mileage like with the whipple on there as a DD?
I don't have a clue ... lol ... but I add as much oil monthly as I do gas

Reactions: RyanSterling1966

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I just noticed you have an auto blip? Can you tell me more about this. LOL.

edit. I noticed it's intended for the track from a reviewer comment that was left. They stated the included tap isn't that great.

My opinion: realistically, I love to blip the throttle myself/the feeling of doing it. Love the sound it makes too, ofcourse.

·
Registered
144 Posts
DD for me!

14k miles, coming up on 2 years next month.

Here's why you should daily drive it: the car makes people smile. They sit up in their seats to get a better look. Kids think, "I'm going to have one of those when I grow up!" Thumbs up every day.

Don't hide your candle under a bushel.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Considering it's a 2017 but actually started on the road in October of 2016, just turned 7K. It's a daily driver but I only drive a day or 2 every 2 weeks or so. I have to drive it somewhat regularly. With all of the electronics, they drain the battery pretty quickly. It will go on a trickle charger during the winter.

I forced myself to do an 80 mile freeway drive at an average of 70 mph. in bogged down 6th gear. I actually got 22 mpg. Then I off the line raced a Hellcat. He must have been using his black key because I was able to keep up the whole way. Ha Ha! I'm thinking red key and I would've been toast.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts