Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay new as a member but read post all the time, i’ve owned a 2019 gt350 since it was released and i’ve had zero problems what so ever; until this year. around december i received a charging system service sign on my dash, then it would disappear like nothing happened, around march it continued but this time my dash screens and my nav screen would go complete black, i loose all power steering and the car stays like it until i accelerate turns back on and then does it again. the whole time it’s over heating. took it to a dealership close to home (not the one i bought car from because they were weeks booked) and they said it’s your aletanator. they changed out the alternator said they drove it and everything was back to normal! great go to pick it up and immediately throws the sign again. so next time i go to dealer where i bought it from and same thing say it’s the alternator and that fords having a bunch of bad ones that are out right now. well since then i’m currently on my sixth alternator and every time i drive it it’s worse then the time before. last week i was told it needs a new harness so i drop it off and they call me a hour later saying they ordered the wrong harness. smh. so tomorrow i am dropping it off as they say they have the right harness for it but i just want more opinions and what everyone else thoughts are. maybe my second time taking it to my main dealer they said my ac clutch assembly literally fell off while fixing the ac problem bc i randomly had no ac, but as of today my main belt gets shredded because something is so hot it’s leaving black residue all over my block and everything else:) i just got home from a short lap to see how it was and i removed my oil cap on the left side of the motor and a faint amount of smoke was coming out… again any information would be a huge help as i’ve been worried sick to my stomach everyday for the last 9 months

·
Registered
2019 GT350 Shadow Black/White Stripes
126 Posts
Did you check the battery? At 3 years, it's at the end of it's life. And the original batteries were much lower capacity than the new replacements. My 2019's battery let go earlier this spring. While it may not be the cause of your problems, a dying battery causes all sorts of strange issues in this car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
okay new as a member but read post all the time, i’ve owned a 2019 gt350 since it was released and i’ve had zero problems what so ever; until this year. around december i received a charging system service sign on my dash, then it would disappear like nothing happened, around march it continued but this time my dash screens and my nav screen would go complete black, i loose all power steering and the car stays like it until i accelerate turns back on and then does it again. the whole time it’s over heating. took it to a dealership close to home (not the one i bought car from because they were weeks booked) and they said it’s your aletanator. they changed out the alternator said they drove it and everything was back to normal! great go to pick it up and immediately throws the sign again. so next time i go to dealer where i bought it from and same thing say it’s the alternator and that fords having a bunch of bad ones that are out right now. well since then i’m currently on my sixth alternator and every time i drive it it’s worse then the time before. last week i was told it needs a new harness so i drop it off and they call me a hour later saying they ordered the wrong harness. smh. so tomorrow i am dropping it off as they say they have the right harness for it but i just want more opinions and what everyone else thoughts are. maybe my second time taking it to my main dealer they said my ac clutch assembly literally fell off while fixing the ac problem bc i randomly had no ac, but as of today my main belt gets shredded because something is so hot it’s leaving black residue all over my block and everything else:) i just got home from a short lap to see how it was and i removed my oil cap on the left side of the motor and a faint amount of smoke was coming out… again any information would be a huge help as i’ve been worried sick to my stomach everyday for the last 9 months
All this is bad to hear for anyone that owns one of these cars. I also have a 2019 with no problems at this point but who knows when I could. The question has to be which comes first the chicken or the egg. Is something shorting out burning up the alternators, like the clutch on the ac which may have been your ac problem. The belt may have been torn up while running the car with the ac pulley was loose?? The bottom line is all these problems, more than likely, all goes back to (1) root cause. Keep us updated on what happens next.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Did you check the battery? At 3 years, it's at the end of it's life. And the original batteries were much lower capacity than the new replacements. My 2019's battery let go earlier this spring. While it may not be the cause of your problems, a dying battery causes all sorts of strange issues in this car.
I have a 2016 and still running on the original battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so update on the car got it back on friday last week and everything was fixed to my surprise had no issues besides running a little warm but that’s normal. i get in it on sunday and turn on the ac and it started out cold but then was blowing hot air. contacted dealer today since work long hours so i just drop the windows it’s no big deal ( sorta) but when i told him the tone in his voice made it really noticeable to tell he was annoyed or mad at me like it’s my fault?!? either way i’ve ripped him a new one every time i’ve been there stating the wiring was half assed because seems to me the technician is jealous or just doesn’t give a shit. does anyone have any thoughts on why my belt was shredding from the overheating or the half ass jobs performed but i’m debating on replacing it.. car goes in on tuesday next week so we shall see

1 - 8 of 8 Posts