Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yup. Both hands on the wheel with this one. Not even a shifter to rest your right hand on. I don’t think cruising and hold onto a knob ( insert joke here ) will have the same desired effect as a shifter would.

·
Registered
10 Posts
A Youtuber, Speed Phenom, interview a Ford exec and he stated the GT500 will only be available with a DTC. He said Ford did this because they feel the DTC is the best performance transmission and they wanted the best performance in the GT500. Personally, I would want a manual so you feel more connected to the car. Turning a knob just doesn't seem right.

[video=youtube_share;exceJFrGTOM]https://youtu.be/exceJFrGTOM[/video]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for posting, but Carl Widmann is delusional. If they were “real tight with the Mustang crowd," and “... always listen to what our customers want...,” then a manual would’ve be released. Ford certainly didn’t have any problems selling GT500s (2007-20014), or the GT350. It’s all about milliseconds.

I guess we’ll wait as see, but, hey, Mr. Widmann, I want a manuel. Are you listening? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
757 Posts
Ditto, Ditto, Ditto..."Where's the BEEF*??"...er manual transmission?

*In reference to the 1980's Wendy's commercial (showing my age) ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ill never own a 2020 GT500 unfortunately. Not because I Don't like it, not cause I can't afford it.
It is because I will never own an automatic mustang. Those two words together are enough to make me cringe.
Pretty sad that straight line performance has dictated the transmission option in such an iconic awesome car. Shame on you ford, your decision to not give the consumer the decision is just asinine!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I hear ya and over on the Hellcat.org forum same gripe. The high horsepower cars such as the Demon and Redeye do not offer the manual either. And the new Corvette C8 with xxxx HP won’t as well. You have to wonder is the new 500 a 800hp set up? And the story from the Mopar side is the Manual Trans won’t handle the power.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This just makes me appreciate my 350 even more. I buy cars for the driving experience period. There's always going to be something/somebody faster than you, especially if you actually track your cars. So why chase numbers and imaginary track times in an anti-septic driving experience? I could not care less about how many milliseconds a DCT trans will save me when I go get a coffee at 6am on a Saturday morning and I'm the only car on the back roads. Or when I leave work early on a Thursday to go open lapping at my home track for a few hours. What I do care about is how much fun I have with the car and max fun comes with a manual trans, turning off all the nannies, heel toeing my down shifts and getting her ass out in the corners lol. Just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
80 Posts
This just makes me appreciate my 350 even more. I buy cars for the driving experience period. There's always going to be something/somebody faster than you, especially if you actually track your cars. So why chase numbers and imaginary track times in an anti-septic driving experience? I could not care less about how many milliseconds a DCT trans will save me when I go get a coffee at 6am on a Saturday morning and I'm the only car on the back roads. Or when I leave work early on a Thursday to go open lapping at my home track for a few hours. What I do care about is how much fun I have with the car and max fun comes with a manual trans, turning off all the nannies, heel toeing my down shifts and getting her ass out in the corners lol. Just my .02 cents.
Well said man - couldn't agree with every word more!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've heard, but can't verify, automatics are cleaner from an emissions standpoint. If so, that would make certification simpler and less costly for manufacturers.

·
Registered
142 Posts
This just makes me appreciate my 350 even more. I buy cars for the driving experience period.
Exactly.

I got smoked at a light by a Tesla Model S a few weeks ago. A sterile, range limited, silent, point-and-shoot Tesla Model S.

45 years ago I had a man tell me my 66 Mustang "sure is loud." I said, "Yeah, sounds great, doesn't it?"

To each his own. Me, I want a stick.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm mot a pessimist but obviously no one knows if it will happen but I just don't see it ever happening. The manual is on the verge of totally being gone on american cars. Hope I'm wrong.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts