GT350.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 GT350R
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am told that the GT350 will only start up in “quiet” mode from an exhaust perspective.

Mine seems confused. It will start up in quiet mode then go to loud mode for a moment then back to quiet mode.

Anybody else experiencing this issue?

D.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Two things:

- The colder it is, the more 'noise' * it will make.

- If you wish to minimize the 'noise' at startup, depress the clutch pedal, and WAIT. You'll hear
the whirring and buzzing as it gets the exhaust setup right. About 3 to 4 seconds. It will lesson
the sound, but sorry, it won't stop it.

*Some neighbors think it's 'noise.' I think it's music.

·
Registered
2020 GT350R
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. I would like to be able to select loud or quiet for startup like on my corvette. This quiet loud quiet in the matter of seconds is just weird. I’ll try holding off hitting the start button and see if that works.

Thanks,
D.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am told that the GT350 will only start up in “quiet” mode from an exhaust perspective.

Mine seems confused. It will start up in quiet mode then go to loud mode for a moment then back to quiet mode.

D.

D.
every time you start the car, the exhaust valve system does a self check. If you press the clutch and listen you will hear clicking coming from the exhaust valves. If you wait until the clicking is done it will only be quiet mode.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2016racered beat me too it!! Yeah it’s like a function working test right before it cranks! If u listen u will hear them open then close back. It does sound crazy if u press start as soon as u press the clutch! If u wait a second , until it’s done and it will start in quite mood. Also for wanting to start in open loud mode, u press start on without having clutch pressed , then press the clutch u will hear the test open and close, then u can select which mode u want like sport or exhaust loud, then hit the start button with clutch in and it will start loud and open!

Also I like to think of the function test for the exhaust flaps at start up, is like the flaps on jets that do the same function test before take off! 😁

·
Registered
1 Posts

D.
You can push the clutch in and wait about 2 or 3 seconds and then start - that will be quiet mode. Loud mode is push the clutch in and start immediately.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts