1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

help!!!
I think I’ve seen it here before but I’m wondering if anyone has a solution for the brake dust that accumulates on the GT350R rim .. I literally wash the car go for a hour drive and the rims are completely covered with brake dust!;-(
Thanks

·
Registered
2019 GT350 Shadow Black/White Stripes
121 Posts
That's the norm with the OEM brake pads. Your wheels are clean, compared to my GT350 after an hour of spirited driving.
The best solution is to change the brake pads for a different brand. Lots of recommendations for the Powerstop Z23, or Z26 brake pads.
A less permanent solution is to have the wheels ceramic coated. It makes cleaning them easier.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the norm with the OEM brake pads. Your wheels are clean, compared to my GT350 after an hour of spirited driving.
The best solution is to change the brake pads for a different brand. Lots of recommendations for the Powerstop Z23, or Z26 brake pads.
A less permanent solution is to have the wheels ceramic coated. It makes cleaning them easier.
Thanks man.. I’ll look into those ..

·
Registered
111 Posts
+1.
There is really no alternative than going to a ceramic type pad. Changed my life. Adds work before gong to the track, but WORTH IT!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT350
61 Posts
View attachment 14588
View attachment 14589
help!!!
I think I’ve seen it here before but I’m wondering if anyone has a solution for the brake dust that accumulates on the GT350R rim .. I literally wash the car go for a hour drive and the rims are completely covered with brake dust!;-(
Thanks
I beat you in dust and I only drive in town and have to constantly rinse my wheels off. A different brake pads will fix the problem

1 - 18 of 18 Posts