Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 GT350
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this just happened driving the lovely Louisiana roads. Came over bridge in Baton Rouge and hit a 2 foot piece of a 4x4 board. Guess I got out of way enough to ruin the wheels and not under the car. About $1900 from ford for wheels. What’s the aftermarket options for wheels like
Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
58 Posts
Insurance no? Don't know what your hazard/comprehensive deductible is like, but I would think it's straight forward.

Very sorry -- it's a bummer.

PS: I find it absolutely amazing how damn stout Michelin tires are!

·
Registered
2017 GT350
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea the tire looks good and probably salvageable. Insurance is a $500 deductible but then does my rate go up. You think it hurts resale value going aftermarket or should go back factory

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think you can get that wheel fixed and repainted. I’ve had wheels redone, the color is never 100% the exact shade but it’s pretty close. Unfortunately resale will take a little hit, but worse if you don’t have the 4 original wheels in good condition.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ouch - high deductible. Mine is $100 for comprehensive claims.

I've purchased a couple of full sets of wheels. One was $700 and one was $900. Both sets were perfect so they are out there. Good luck with whatever you decide. We all feel your pain for sure.

·
Registered
2017 GT350
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thing that sucks is I was gonna sell the car why may just order 2 wheels from ford that way will have factory wheels

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thing that sucks is I was gonna sell the car why may just order 2 wheels from ford that way will have factory wheels
Does suck…why selling? And why 2 wheels? Good point by Biergut though, I think you might be able to find some takeoff wheels and save you some $$$.

·
Registered
2017 GT350
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No they’re about 850 for front and 950 for a rear wheel.
Only messed up 2 so need only those. Selling mainly because don’t drive it to much and it’s a pain on the roads here in Louisiana. Car likes to wonder all over the place. Plus I’ve had my fun in it so why not let someone else enjoy it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts