Mustang GT350 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been debating on the new Mach1 or a used Mach1. I have been reading the 2016-2017 350’s have some issues with blowing engines. 2918’s that I find used are too steep. I am curious on opinions on if I should worry about a 2017 used GT350, and if I should consider the Mach1 over a used GT350. Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
There is a reason there's a warranty. Engine blows, Ford replaces it. Done and done.

·
Registered
2020 GT350 Race Red/White Stripes- Handling and tech packages, Recaros, Carbon Fiber IP
54 Posts
You read about the failures more because not enough people post here about their positive owners experiences.
The failures are a small percentage of the GT350s.

I saw a new Mach 1 in the dealership yesterday. Nice car.
But....the MSRP was only $3,000 less than what my GT350 was. 😯

·
Registered
3 Posts
You read about the failures more because not enough people post here about their positive owners experiences.
The failures are a small percentage of the GT350s.

I saw a new Mach 1 in the dealership yesterday. Nice car.
But....the MSRP was only $3,000 less than what my GT350 was. 😯
I think it depends on what you intend on using the car for and how much you plan on driving it. If the Shelby name is important to you and/or the sound of the car is important and you only plan on driving it on the weekends or track days then go with the Shelby. If you want a new car and the reliability of the Coyote then go with the Mach 1. Personally I love my gt350 but it has been in the shop a lot. The flat plane crank just shakes the car to death. And I would really love to have the auto rev match on the Mach 1. Hope that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts