Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped off my 2018 GT350 at the dealership and they are telling me they can’t do an oil change and filter replacement because the GT350 oil filters are on back order. He said they do not have an ETA on when they will arrive, so they want to send me home with no oil change… Just bought the car a few weeks ago used. Wanted to check with other GT350 owners to see if this is true or just a bad dealership?

·
Registered
2019 GT350 Shadow Black/White Stripes
63 Posts
Had my oil and filter changed yesterday, no problem. They had the filters in stock to do it. Granted, I get my car serviced at a Mazda dealer. Yeah, Mazda. But their service dept, is also the service dept for the Ford dealer where I bought my car. And one tech, is the only one who works on these cars. So no one thinks to go there to buy Ford parts, but they have in stock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had my oil and filter changed yesterday, no problem. They had the filters in stock to do it. Granted, I get my car serviced at a Mazda dealer. Yeah, Mazda. But their service dept, is also the service dept for the Ford dealer where I bought my car. And one tech, is the only one who works on these cars. So no one thinks to go there to buy Ford parts, but they have in stock.
I dropped off my 2018 GT350 at the dealership and they are telling me they can’t do an oil change and filter replacement because the GT350 oil filters are on back order. He said they do not have an ETA on when they will arrive, so they want to send me home with no oil change… Just bought the car a few weeks ago used. Wanted to check with other GT350 owners to see if this is true or just a bad dealership?
all the replies are right on the money, Ford only sells Ford/Motorcraft filters, a Fram or other American made filter should be available at any parts store

·
Registered
4 Posts
I purchased 4 of the Motorcraft FL-2062 from Amazon and exhaled a breath of relief. At my age (63) I remembered if something seems to good, best check on it! I called my dealership to let them know I found filters. I was told not to use the FL-2062. The GT350 motor creates a lot of oil pressure and the correct filter FL-2087 has an internal metal screen to keep the filter material from collapsing. The FL-2062 is designed for the Ford turbo charged 6cyl.motors and 5.0 motors.
I purchased the correct filter from Amsoil #EA15K43-EA. We all know Amsoil is good stuff and as previously mentioned we can still use the Motorcraft 5/50 oil or the Amsoil 5/50 oil.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts