Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had the GT for about 16 months now, and it has curtailed my sportbike riding. Both are equally fun, just different. Last weekend I met some sportbike friends for breakfast and everyone drove their cars. We had a good laugh about how we used to do 300 miles after breakfast on the bikes and now we ride the cars someplace and then go home. Automotive parking light Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire

·
Registered
123 Posts
Same here. It’s super nice here in the mid Atlantic and I’m torn between the Shelby drive or taking the Ducati Panigale out for a spin.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Just the opposite for me, all my track time on my bikes I barely get time behind the wheel of my new car.
Had it since January and it just rolled 1,000 miles on the clock.
I want to hit the canyons on our normal Sunday run but I'm afraid running with my sportbike friends will expose her to the rocks that my bike takes when we are doing battle out there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I decided on the bike today and the Shelby tomorrow. I just the Panigale back from the first service and brake recall fix, so now I can redline the beast and do naughty things. No canyons here but nice glowing roads in the woods. Not much gravel here but dead snakes, possums, foxes and other roadkill you have to watch out for. Also getting my Revit jacket and pants stretched out and broken in. The Panigale 1299s and Shelby both have that raw feeling and sound great. I’m glad I decided not to get the V4S. Off I go now to waste gas.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I can get my RC30 sorted out I’ll take it out in the morning. Stuck clutch cable and I had to take off all the bodywork and air box to get it out.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a '17 Street Glide Special and a '14 CVO Road King for sale because of this car...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well I rode 130 miles today and got pretty worn out. Tomorrow I’ll take the Shelby up to the mountains in Pa and eat lunch in a Gettysburg. Total loop miles will be about 220 miles.

·
Registered
136 Posts
'75 Honda CB360T, '77 BMW R100/7, '05 BMW F650GS, '09 Suzuki GZ250, and '11 BMW K1300S, all sitting in the garage, getting no love. :(

·
Registered
255 Posts
these are my 3 current bikes, they get a bit more drive time than my Shelby, but I care more about keeping the miles down on the car than I do the bikes

·
Registered
12 Posts
these are my 3 current bikes, they get a bit more drive time than my Shelby, but I care more about keeping the miles down on the car than I do the bikes

Nice bike choices. Three bikes that really intrigue me at the moment. I recently hung the helmet up when I moved to FL. I raced for two years in the LRRS series up in NH and was a trackday instructor for seven years. Wheel Tire Helmet Vehicle Sports equipment

Current fleet. FJ-09, GSXR750, R1, and the RC. Had 5 for a while and that was one too many for me.
View attachment 10038
Nice fleet. I have never seen an RC30 on the street. A dealership I used to work for many years ago had a brand new one on display. Owner kept it for part of his collection.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice fleet. I have never seen an RC30 on the street. A dealership I used to work for many years ago had a brand new one on display. Owner kept it for part of his collection.
Bought new in 1991; 49K miles on it. Dealer friend offered it to me at his cost - 12,500. The 15K MSRP was so high that there were unsold bikes all over the place. Still a blast to ride - no motor quite like it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My KTM dealer in Md has a brand new unridden 1993 ZX-7RR on display near the ceiling in the showroom, and they won’t sell it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts