Mustang GT350 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with Tommy at Ford Performance regarding the 2019 Track Attack dates at the Salt Lake City Utah race track. They will start accepting reservations on January 2nd 2019. If you have purchased a 2018 GT 350 within the last year you are eligible for the one day class free or you may purchase the 2nd day advanced skills class for either 1495 or 1895 depending on the type of car you select. I plan on attending the two day event. This is one of the best parts of owning a Shelby. See you there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just got off the phone with Tommy at Ford Performance regarding the 2019 Track Attack dates at the Salt Lake City Utah race track. They will start accepting reservations on January 2nd 2019. If you have purchased a 2018 GT 350 within the last year you are eligible for the one day class free or you may purchase the 2nd day advanced skills class for either 1495 or 1895 depending on the type of car you select. I plan on attending the two day event. This is one of the best parts of owning a Shelby. See you there.
Highly recommended, especially if you have little or no previous track time. I upgraded to the Boss 302 the second day, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Both tracks are entertaining and quite different from each other.

·
Registered
757 Posts
OP, thanks for the heads up, been waiting for both the GT350 and Raptor class schedules to come out. If you subscribe to the GT350 Track Attack and Raptor Assault sites they will send you the new schedules via e-mail as soon as they are out. Tim if you're reading this let's coordinate our date(s) and attend together - would be a blast!!

·
Registered
502 Posts
It’s a must do event. This is the last year Ford can do the program there in Utah, the track was sold to a Chinese car company and rent has become too high. I went last September and had a great time.

4A4821EB-6930-4444-A8C2-9C7467B06F8A.jpeg

·
Registered
10 Posts
It’s a must do event. This is the last year Ford can do the program there in Utah, the track was sold to a Chinese car company and rent has become too high. I went last September and had a great time.

View attachment 11156
Are you going to the "limits" or is it more fun and some basic learning on that 1 day? I did a day on the Porsche track in ATL and felt like an idiot (never on a track before) so while it was fun, I felt a little misplaced and slow as there were lots of experienced track drivers.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Are you going to the "limits" or is it more fun and some basic learning on that 1 day? I did a day on the Porsche track in ATL and felt like an idiot (never on a track before) so while it was fun, I felt a little misplaced and slow as there were lots of experienced track drivers.
This is top to bottom everything about the car. Starters to experienced, doesn’t matter, it’s your own race. You learn all the dynamics of the car, then apply them. Brakes, Cornering, accelerator, deceleration, heal toe. No matter who you are you will learn a lot. The trainers will push you a little, but you become very confident in the car, then they will show you what it can do with a professional driver for a couple hot laps.

·
Registered
502 Posts
This is video of event.

[video=youtube_share;rsQ0MPp9Z4E]https://youtu.be/rsQ0MPp9Z4E[/video]

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just confirmed reservation for the two day program on April 16 & 17. I seem to be the only member of the Nor Cal Shelby club that has a 2018 GT350, so I am the only one from my local club. If any owner from Nor Cal are going on those date please respond to this post, we can compare notes. I have time so I am planning to drive to Slat Lake City. "FSTVUDU" JimT your post confirms that this is the right thing to do, I also signed up for the in car video. I can't wait, I feel like a teenager.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Registered for May 29-30. My husband and I are going to make it a week long road trip. Should be fun!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I will be there the week before you guys and am making a week-long road trip too in the Shelby!
Have fun on that drive! We are taking our truck.

·
Registered
235 Posts
it was a great event - videos didn't work on the Boss Day (hands down the Shelby is funner and faster than the $2500 day two racecar) - Shelby's things lived in 3rd gear all day at 8000rpm and no issues (and have for 9000 miles on the Odometer) - makes me feel better about jumping on mine on occasion - the SuperSport tires are more impressive than you might think as well as the brakes -

·
Registered
502 Posts
OK, 2 of you have gone, how was the experience? Awesome huh? :cool:

·
Registered
235 Posts
It was top notch unlike some SCCA schools or the PCA schools where you get some random driver (promoted to instructor) with an attitude - these guys live and breathe the Ford product for the ST, Raptor, RS, and of course the Shelby. They thanked the owners several times for believing in the Brand and were appreciative of every one of us (18 drivers) - When you get there, and they open the doors to say - gentleman - find your car... and there she is, with your name on the windshield and everything - its a pretty pleasant feeling of appreciation.

I would pay again for the experience - we drove the Rover SVR from Nebraska, stayed at the Stanly Hotel (The Shining) and made a week of the adventure with zero stress

·
Registered
21 Posts
OMG it was a blast! The instructors are awesome! They were knowledgeable, nice and knew how to give just the right amount of advice & encouragement based on your experience. After beating up on their GT350 all day, I realize I've been babying mine. Who knew I could get 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear scratch; then come to a stop in such a short distance! Ha ha, so much fun! The ride-along with an instructor at the end of the day was fun and...FAST! I thought for sure we were going to slide/roll off the track. That ride really shows what these cars are capable of.

They keep non-driving guests very involved in everything. However after seeing how much fun it was, my husband wishes he would have signed up to drive. I'd also like to mention that the entire day is well planned. The exercises you do in the beginning of the day are nicely designed to show you how to drive on the track: Accelerating, braking hard, driving slalom through cones and practicing what to do if you begin to lose traction.

We drove from Northern California and stayed in Tooele at the Best Western Inn (only 6 miles from the track). We also made it a week long road trip. I already want to go back :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Best ever - went last Sept Labor Day weekend

Ue2L4FmJSX+N431cfbPE+Q.jpg

Also took our rig to the Salt Flats

1VwBVaHRS32kHcBrQAziKQ.jpg

Reactions: NorCalGal

·
Registered
68 Posts
WOW!! Sounds awesome. Unfortunately, I am not scheduled this year but I'm on the cancellation list. Wonder if they will host this event at another location for those of us due a track day?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I went in May, 2018 after I bought mine. One of the first things they tell you in the classroom is " They are not your brakes, not your clutch, not your tires, not your gas and not your car. Have a blast". I still have pleasant dreams about it. The experience not only helps you understand and appreciate the GT350. It helps you understand the "road" not just the track. I have not looked at a corner or driving situation the same as I did before Track Attack. I'm not going to tell you how much fun I had. You will have to experience it yourself. I will say that I did the GT350 the first day and a Mustang GT the second. Both incredible, both fun. Neither one was my car, and yes, I did have a blast.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts